Supported RAID controllers?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by justinz, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justinz

justinz Registered Member

Please provide a list of supported RAID controllers. Both SCSI and IDE.

I ask this because I'd like to choose a controller based on many things, such as support by software such as your own, SCSI vs IDE, true hardware raid vs software (in the case of IDE), reputation, low-profile, etc. By poking around this forum I've found a few, but rather than asking about specific controllers I think it would be great if you'd publish a list, for the benefit of all your readers/customers.

Last edited: May 11, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello justinz,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are really sorry, we don't have the RAID-support list. We will certainly create it in the future.

Acronis True Image supports all the hard disk drives under Windows. If Acronis True Image is running in rescue mode (e.g. to restore the system partition), then the following RAID controllers are supported:

- P-ATA (IDE) RAID controllers (Promise, Highpoint)
    - Most of SCSI RAID controllers (Adaptec, Dell, LSI and others)
    - SATA RAID controllers (Highpoint, Intel, Promise, Silicon Image, VIA)

Some other RAID controllers may be supported as well, although we have not tested them yet, and the others will be supported with the future updates.

You may download free trial version from http://www.acronis.com/homecomputin...load/trueimage/, create Acronis Bootable CD and make sure it will recognize your drive correctly.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. spog

spog Registered Member

I was told that TI does support the VIA 8237 controller, but sadly I have been waiting since last July for Acronis to fix it. The last time "Acronis support" talked about the VIA controller he/she confirmed that the issue was NOT solved.

Has it been solved, or is this post by "Acronis Support" simply false and misleading?

You really should consider another product that uses any windows driver, assuming such a product exists. With Acronis, you are pretty much guaranteed to need a new version for you next computer, because the drivers are all built in to the software. It really is a huge design "flaw" but I bet it makes Acronis more money!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello spog,

Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience.Your controller is not supported in Acronis True Image. Our Development Team works on this task. So we cannot say the precise date when your controller will be supported. But we will certainly implement it in Acronis True Image in the future.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Irina,

You can probably add the ITE8212F GIGARAID controller to this list. Your Development Team and I were involved in a fair amount of diagnotics and testing of beta ISOs on this chipset last year, the results of which were incorporated into later builds. Although I've never had it configured as a RAID array, it certainly works in Base (i.e. non-RAID) mode.

Kind regards
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.