Support

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by leonpress, Aug 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leonpress

leonpress Registered Member

It is a shame, another company that is quick to grab our hard earned money and ignore us when we email for help. Even Microsoft at least tries to respond even when they do not know what they are doing. This company has had problems with the last few versions of their product which really is good with some flaws that I am sure they could cure if they wanted to but the fact that they ignore or cannot handle what they are doing tells me it is time to send back the product or call the CC company and request a refund. They probably wont be around long if this keeps up!

2. Chief

Chief Registered Member

I would have to agree with you on this, terrible customer service. It's pretty obvious that they don't even want to hear from their customers, they give you what a voice mail number and an email address... not very satisfying

3. Michael Beaumont

Michael Beaumont Registered Member

I purchased the program online last week in good faith. The serial number I was assigned in my receipt email is invalid and I cannot install TI8. I immediately contacted support (Wednesday) and still to date I've not had a word back.

Seems like I'm going to have to contact my CC Company and request a stop on the payment on the basis that I did not recieve my product.

I'm considering having thier Merchant Services Suspended as they appear to be taking money and not deliverying the products.

4. Poor Show

Poor Show Guest

I always do my transactions via post,through element5-Acronis payment collection agents.For some mystifying reason,the first payment I send ALWAYS goes astray.

I have to then resend the cheque/cash.However,once the second payment arrives,element 5 dispatch the products and serial numbers within seconds.

I have sent orders from the U.K to element 5 in Germany (second time around as said) and recieved the products in three days.Missing correspondance aside,I'd call that pretty good going.

I would whole heartedly agree that Acronis customer service is shambolic.With regards the payments that go astray-it's too much of a coincidence that mail is failing to reach the same company everytime.Wonder what on earth is happening?

5. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

Do not be so hasty to "trash" the product or the service! Fact of the matter is that TI is the best thing out there for disk imaging. So, instead of stating everything that is wrong with everything try being proactive. TI worked flawlessly in my machines for months on end and all of a sudden (after the installation of 2 additional OS's) TI went to h____ in a handbasket (right when I needed it the most!). Sure I lost my temper with Acronis (poor response) but at the same time I dug in and got to doing what I had to do to get the situation back to normal. All told, it took nearly 2 months to resolve the issues but I hung in because I knew the core workings were there, and, I wanted them back! I have threads on this forum that were intended as a "wake-up" for Acronis but I did my best at making them proactive. If you are having a problem with TI then by all means describe it here and the "experts" here will do their best to provide a resolution. That is what this forum is all about. On the other hand, if all you want to do is criticize Acronis, do so directly. They CAN be contacted by phone or email!

6. leonpress

leonpress Registered Member

Maybe you know something we all do not! I have had absolutely no response to any measures. Yes, I agree that the product is or can be great. It is in my opinion not the only game in town, I have not looked at Ghost recently but it was a good program and some friends are using Drive Image with good results.
    I have had some problems with TI but overall it has been good to me. I HAVE found that the only way it will restore a failed system for ME, is from SZ. I have made CD & DVD images that all checked OK and when trying to restore it could not do so. This happened several times. But then as I said in my original post, Microsoft is a great software company also, if they made their new software AS GOOD AS THEIR NEW COPY PROTECTION IS, they would be the only game in town. No one would look any further. Unfortunately that will never happen and the problem is I did not buy a product from Acronis and pay THEM, to come here to find out why they are a mess. They do not respond and their website lists things that cannot be found there and that is the signs of a failing company. I, as a Tech/Consultant cannot in good faith recommend this product knowing that customers are going to have the same problems and more than I. Very sad situation, unless they have Bill's money they can't possibly survive like this.

7. LXC

LXC Registered Member

I have used TI since version 6. At first TI6 did not like my Linksys router and Intel on-board Ethernet but Acronis tech support worked through them all it has worked to perfection for me until TI7 build 627 and TI8. T7 build 627 and TI8 recovery does not like my Promise 378 chip and SATA HD. On July 26, the day 627 was released, I emailed Acronis Tech Support reporting the problem. Acronis Tech Support responded with the first dump request on July 30. The communication continues. There is no question in my mind they will solve the problem. Having spent 30+ years in computer hardware/software development as a Senior Engineer I can tell some of these bugs are hard to find and solve. As an old philosopher once said "If I knew what was wrong I would fix it". Bashing Aconis does absolutely no good at all.

Remember when reporting a problem Acronis tries to replicate the user's system configuration and conditions to reproduce the failure and the simulation is only as good as the information you supply to Acronis.

-LXC

8. Michael Beaumont

Michael Beaumont Registered Member

In my opinion, if you are in the business of providing software then surely it is not unreasonable to expect to get what the product intends to offer. Basically if you can't stand the heat, then you should not be in the kitchen!

I agree that perhaps complaints should really be diverted to Acronis directly, however as they are not responding to any emails what alternatives are there? Why should I pay the cost of calling the US from the UK for a situation that was not my fault.

I'm not impressed.

9. mike_wells

Hey Detox, where are ya? :D

10. mike_wells

Thanks for the backup here LXC!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.