Support OA : the rise and rise...

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Longboard, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

http://blog.scotsnewsletter.com/

No spamming mind :)

Kudos to OA. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2007
  2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

Scot's newsletter ? is this the one that our members have a strong reservation about his ability to view the programs ?

If he nominates OA as a front runner for the title, the best security (firewall) app of the year 2008 (or 2007), I will give a :thumb: He has done a right thing this time. :-* Comodo firewall 3 is closing in too.

3. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Pretty silly article and approach-he assumes a router is being used and focuses on outbound protection ie the headline seeking Matousec tests.

Apparently he is only going to conduct some sort of test at runners up time,which have obviously achieved that distinction largely because of the leaktests

Matousec themselves have the rider "It should be noted that leak-tests probe only a few features of personal firewalls. If a firewall passes all leak-tests it does not mean it is perfect, bug free or secure in other aspects! However, if a personal firewall fails most of leak-testing techniques, it means that it is insecure. This does not hold for packet filters! "

4. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

I'm not sure I like his ranting and raving. For one month he was in love with one product and a few months later it's like old news.

I noticed he doesn't have his picture on his blog anymore! Maybe he's going low-tech these days on his site. :cool:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  5. fedore

fedore Registered Member

interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.