Support for writing to DVD-R/DVD+R

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TheGeek, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGeek

TheGeek Registered Member

I have Acronis True Image Home 9.0 Build 3677 on Windows XP SP2. I try to perform a full backup, and then at the beginning on the first disc I get a "disc full" error message. I get this same message with other discs, both DVD-R and DVD+R. The DVD burner is a Plextor PX-755SA, a SATA DVD drive. However, when I use my other DVD burner, Plextor PX-740A, a PATA DVD drive on the EIDE primary channel as a master, the backup works.

I wonder if TI does not support SATA DVD drives?

2. sdculp

sdculp Registered Member

I have build 3677 also, although previous builds worked the same way. See my thread "TI won't work with DVD+RW". My DVD drive is a Lite-On SOHW-1693S, and is IDE. Although the manual seems to imply compatibility with "DVD" I wonder if it really is and what the limitations are?

Stu Culp

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TheGeek,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please check if there is some other DVD-writing software like "Drag-To-Disk" and "InCD". Please make sure to shutdown them before the beginning of backup process.

Please also check for "Format" button on the error message, you receive. In most cases it is the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Fedor Kurbatov

4. TheGeek

TheGeek Registered Member

Thank you for your reply. I have no packet writing software like InCD running. When I use the format button on the error dialog box, TI still returns a "disc full" message.

I have no problem with my Plextor IDE DVD drive. Backups to this drive with DVD-R media works. But when I back up to my Plextor SATA drive, I run into this "disc full" problem.

Bob Graham

5. sabuck1

sabuck1 Registered Member

After reading a couple of these threads regarding DVD-RW problems, I am wondering if it is an issue with an SATA drive. I was able to get the program to apparently run only after rejecting the DVD-RW media once. It then got stuck(system hang) before completing. Can you confirm? Thank you.

6. Acronis Support

Hello TheGeek,

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

7. krazykat

krazykat Registered Member

Fedor Kurbatov wrote:please check if there is some other DVD-writing software like "Drag-To-Disk" and "InCD". Please make sure to shutdown them before the beginning of backup process.

Does anyone have the "shut down procedure" for the file InCDsvr.exe? I am having a TI9 write to DVD+R problem; get error message "bad media".

I found "InCDsvr.exe" running as a service but when I unchecked it in MSCONFIG ( I have WIK2K PRO) it seems to make things worse. Now TI9 just hangs

8. GroomLake

GroomLake Registered Member

Writing to DVD’s is going to drive TI nuts.

9. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Take the easy way out.
    Create the backup and store it on C drive. Adjust spanning size if necessary.
    Then use the simple copy procedure and copy the *.tib files onto how many blanks DVD's you need. The archive will be much more reliable. Don't forget to remove the backup files before doing another backup.

I am assuming that you have only one hard drive. If 2, then create the backup on the other drive before copying to DVD.

10. Acronis Support

Hello krazykat,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We need some additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please also collect cdrecord.log file the way it is described in this previous post of mine. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected file and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.