Support for ESET Support staff

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Zman2, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zman2

Zman2 Registered Member

I registered today just so I could put my 2 cents in. I have no complaints, now.

Having relied upon Eset AV for many years, I must have read almost every post in this forum since ESS became a beta release, while eagerly awaiting the full versions.

There is rarely a topic posted in most forums in support of the moderators and tech people who keep us informed of events and I just wanted to say a personal 'Thank You' for the information you have provided that has encouraged me to install the latest versions on the 32 bit and 64 bit computers that I support. Yes there have been problems, and some still remain to be fixed, but with regular updates coming through, I feel secure.

So I am a very happy user, knowing I am behind my new Eset firewall and protected by my trusted Eset AV. I think this is becoming an excellent product.

Thanx to all.
    :D :D :D

2. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

It's good to see that others appreciate the good folks at ESET. I think they're awesome. I know this is going to be a great application before long.

The thing is that people come in here to get help with problems. If there is no problem there is no need to say anything. So the forum looks like there is nothing but problems with the product. All the good stuff about it never gets mentioned.

There is one little problem that I can work around and live with til it's fixed. Other that that I can find nothing wrong. It just does what it's supposed to. It still allows my computer to run free and easy just like Nod32 always did. I think it scans a little faster. and it has a firewall that is doing what I wanted it to. No problem.

3. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

I agree with all of the above, however, a message from ESET that they are working on fixes and that a date or an approximate date cannot be given would be readily acceptable, just a little communications to re-assure users that work IS proceeding.

That's all we ask for, then we know what is happening.

4. freesurfer

freesurfer Registered Member

I agree with The Nodder, a little communication from ESET would very much be appreciated. Ofcourse, it would be a delicate matter when it comes to details but let's consider this scenario: when EAV v3 was still RC1, I reported 3 issues, 2 of those no ESET staff replied (the other one the replies was more of a micommunication of what I wanted to report and on what the staff understood, but in the end no reply on the actual matter). It would have been really helpful if they posted that either the problems are already known or being addressed. And it wouldn't hurt if after the fix, they would reply that the issue has been resolved. When EAV v3 was officially released, 2 of the issues was addressed/"fixed" (but no reply that confirmed it :( ).

Regards.

5. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

this was asked during beta testing if eset could at least have provided a sticky post on the forum for known bugs, so that people knew what problems there were, and that people wouldnt keep reporting the same problems again & again.

also people gladly installed their beta software, crashed their systems.... reported problems and got totaly ignored.

but it seems it was too much for eset to handle, as they completely ignored users requests, not only did we not get a sticky post, but we also got no reply on the subject (no real surprise) after being an eset customer for 4months+ by the presence on the forums i find them to be extremely ignorant.

eset would do themselves and their paying customersd a favour by providing occasional informamation, and i still think a "known bugs" sticky on this forum would be essential (although i guess they just want peoples money, and dont want to put people off by advertising bugs)

6. kingaljr

kingaljr Registered Member

Wow,and here I thought I was as the only satisfied customer.
    My start up time has been cut by a third,boot time is maybe 30 seconds,all the filters work.GEE.My old Comraq with 500,000 files is purring like a kitten.
    Just wanted to say job well done guys,this is from a old Kaspersky user.
    Keep up the good work.

7. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I feel they will get it right but I have problems with lack of communication & so far for the most part they have left people hanging & that leads to speculation & that's not good. It's better to have facts...

8. lych

lych Registered Member

I am also extremely satisfied with ESS :D :D . I think some people are only happy if they are complaining about something.

9. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Please count me as a "satisfied" member, too! ;)

10. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Same here Happy camper with version 2.7

11. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I actually reformated last night & have to apologize. IMHO the previous av installed was causing problems, I really sorry for giving grief to ESET, everything looks good now...

12. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Thanks for standing up and being counted, Larry! :)

13. bfjonas

bfjonas Registered Member

I'd like to add that I moved up to ESS 3.0 over a week ago on my XP SP2 machine and I'm not having any problems. It's running nicely beside ThreatFire (free version) and Comodo's BoClean.

Thanks ESET!
    bfjonas

14. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Happy camper with 2.7 just upgraded to V3 antivirus Tweaked to max protection and running very nice.Fast Responsive and light great job eset.

15. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

Well I could excuse Eset for lack of communication if this was just a fanboy forum, but I hear it is THE OFFICIAL Eset forum. That alone plunges its rank to VERY POOR.

Just one of the items I've noticed is they throw out program/module updates and most don't list them in Event Log. I know they CAN list them additionally to the virus signature database because I've seen it several times so the mechanism is there.

16. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Well said...

17. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

I think that the reason they are not in here more often than they are is because they are too busy working on the development. I think the people who answer questions in here are probably the developers who read and write English. Right now they are probably working their butts off trying to get this thing done before Christmas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.