Support discontinued.....?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by gerardwil, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Last posts:

Vinzenz: august 23
    Karl: august 29
    Peter: september 4

I can imagine that some people don't feel comfortable with that little response.

Gerard

2. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

You used to get a response every day from these guys. My license expires in 9 days and your information, I'm afraid, doesn't fill me with confidence. This on top of the resources ewido uses on my system probably means I'm probably not going to renew it.

Another point, can this legitemately be called an 'official' support forum if none of the ewido guys come on for extended periods of time? As this is a security product people need help quickly.

3. GWA

GWA Registered Member

And, there was reportedly to be a new version in "about two weeks," but it seems like its been a lot more than two weeks. Even a reassuring "it's been delayed" would inspire confidence!

4. btman

btman Registered Member

Grisoft sure got us good -_-

Pretend to improve a program... but steadily makes it worse...

I guess that's why people use AVG. So light it does nearly nothing... but theres a new version out ... and it's free! MUST GO GET.

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I do hope their support will keep coming. Meantime, I could not help thinking that Was this official ewido forum set up short time prior to been SOLD OUT to Grisoft? And at that time they heavily promoted deep-discounted lifetime license? Oh,no, I hope you are not thinking what I am thinking.

6. greenhatch

greenhatch Registered Member

We were told that the Ewido program update had to be tested and approved by Grisoft before release.
    I'm afraid it is inevitable that Grisoft would control everything Ewido does. At least the signature updates still happen several times a week. So hold fast, don't panic just yet.

7. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

No panic greenhatch, just genuine concerns that the 'official' ewido support forum has no official representatives from the company coming on at least once a day to give help and advice to their paying customers. Few things bug me more than unsatisfactory support.

8. chaos

chaos Registered Member

Well this is a good point perman and it should make us reconsider companies' policies and the way the perceive the relationship with the customer.

My feeling with ewido is that the company is going through changes because of the acquisition.It's certain that at least some of ewido's activities as a company will be merged with grisoft's etc.Also grisoft certainly will mess with the product 's development cycle and the future direction of the program's capabilities .
    Honestly I didnt like at all the fact that the product is no longer a dedicated anti-trojan product but rather one more not so great antispyware.To me at least is obvious that anti-trojan capabilities will not be pursued as the main purpose of the program anymore but rather as one more capability among dozens of anti-malware capabilities.In plain english just another antispyware as grisoft demands in order to launch a suite that contains antivirus plus antispyware etc

The fact that ewido guys do not any longer answer here should be brought, I think ,to the attention of the officials here at wilders.I think that if this inactivity continues for a long time then the overall level of wilders forum is degraded.

P.S

Thats why I never buy lifetime licences for any program.One year license is enough.You dont know what happens till next year...maybe the company closes, maybe better products emerge from the competition etc

9. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hm... Maybe they are busy at the AVG 7.5 beta program. I noted that there is a new program called AVG Anti-Malware in the beta web site. Maybe they are also working on this? o_O

The promised ewido 4.1 seems never going to ship, which is a bit disappointing.

EDIT:
    BTW, Peter was here today in this thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=146786

10. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I think you're most likely right, they have other priorities now with development time having to go into making integrated AVG/ewido products instead of making ewido better, which is sad really.

11. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

Keep cool. We're still there but everyone of us was very very busy. The promised 4.1 will come up in a while, but there were some problems we had to fix before.

We're sorry.

But we're still here, and will stay here.

Regards,

Vinzenz

12. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I am glad you guys show up here again :thumb:

Gerard

13. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Oh, OK. No problem with extra time to fix stuff. Stuff happens.

But you guys really should communicate better.

14. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Nowadays, flawless customer support should be top priority of every serious company;)

15. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I can understand the suspicion.
    Especially when a program is bought by a different company and the new owner/developer may not neccessarily have the same priorities.

But,as long as the support guys are here all is well.

16. Slywolf99

Slywolf99 Registered Member

If you urgently require support and you are a paid user you can contact your local Grisoft Distributor. (at least this is true for Australian and NZ clients) as they now also handle tech support for ewido.

17. basti

basti Registered Member

Today, 4 weeks after Peter's last statement there's still no release on version 4.1 and also no further information for the Ewido customers. I find that honestly said, extremly unsatisfactory. :thumbd:

18. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

How come? I for one hope they take good time finishing the product, and not releasing something unfinished just because people want new versions rapidly.

19. basti

basti Registered Member

They should optimize communication to their customers as it was told by Users several times, that's the jumping point.

20. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Hope they fix the Cookie Issue (not being removed automatically as they said it should) was supposed to be fixed a while ago

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.