supplement KIS

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Incognito, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Incognito

Incognito Registered Member

I currently trying out KIS, I like it alot so far but i am wondering if there is another program that would be a good supplement to KIS?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

if u use all the features, its not likely u would need any supplement.

u can use a few ondemand scanners like superantispyware or ewido (micro) if u wish.

3. Cleatus

Cleatus Registered Member

4. muf

muf Registered Member

KIS6 should be enough. But with only the one security software you are putting all your eggs into one basket. I'd add a couple of apps as extra layers 'Just in case'.
    Trojan/spyware - BOClean or AVG Antispyware
    IPS - SSM(full manual control) or Prevx1(control with database assistance).

Me? I have everything enabled in KIS6 and suppliment it with the following currently: BOClean, SocketShield, Regrun, Cookiepal, Ad Muncher, Prevx1 and SurfinGuard Pro.

Am I paranoid? Dead right I am!!!

muf

5. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I have just changed my dad over to KIS. I have paired it with Regrun unhackme, proximitron, ewido ondemand and geswall.

Simple to use and pretty solid - paranoid ? yep

6. Incognito

Incognito Registered Member

My main concern is someone installing a trojan or something on my computer and spying/logging everything i type ie my bank details or email passwords etc. I've tried ewido but kav + ewido and my computer goes crazy at times. Atm i'm trying out snoopfree + kav.

7. bryanjoe

bryanjoe Registered Member

i was trialing KAV 6 awhile ago.
    But i was unable to update. Could it be Comodo Firewall??

8. dah145

dah145 Registered Member

Maybe, if you want you can also post on KAV forums about that kind of problems: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?act=idx

9. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Incognito,

We know that various programs and combinations run differently on different systems.

I have been using KAV 6 and Ewido, now AVG, since the last weeks of KAV 6 beta. I have had not conflicts between the two.

FWIW in addition to KAV 6 and "Ewido," I have active Win Patrol Plus, SuperAntiSpyware Pro, UnHackMe, Snoopfree, and LnS firewall. I also run Spyware Guard.

On demand I also have a-squared free, and Counterspy 2.0 beta. I take turns running SAS and CS as the active protection.

I have also run Ewido with Avast Home and F-Secure AV. Having used it for at least two years, I have not encountered any conflicts with other programs.

I don't doubt your experience, but there is mine.

Best,
    Jerry