Supergrub 2 - Amazing! How does it Work?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by wat0114, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

This has me baffled, but in a pleased way :) First, I do not have Mint installed atm. I formatted the Linux parts and installed Mepis 8.0.15. I do have Mint imaged with Clonezilla, however. So, the baffling part: when I boot off Supergrub 2 disk, I get the expected Mepis, Vista Bootloader and Win 7 selections, but I also get a selection for Mint! When I choose Mint, it actually boots into a previous installation I once had?? I have no idea how this is possible, with it being wiped clean via format and Mepis installed on the root & home parts. One thing, I did create the the supergrub 2 disk when I had Mint installed, so maybe that has something to do with it? Does anyone know how this is possible? BTW, the supergrub disk is only 125 MB in size, so I don't see how the Mint installation can somehow be on the disk.

2. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  3. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

LOL! slaps forehead in complete embarrassment after realizing what happened :oops: o_O

My second internal drive was plugged in at the time, and I remember now it has Mint installed on it, so Supergrub just saw the installation, therefore giving me the option to boot from it. Of course now with it unplugged, I get a boot error after selecting it. Heh, heh...not so amazing after all :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.