Supergrub 2 - Amazing! How does it Work?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by wat0114, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

This has me baffled, but in a pleased way :) First, I do not have Mint installed atm. I formatted the Linux parts and installed Mepis 8.0.15. I do have Mint imaged with Clonezilla, however. So, the baffling part: when I boot off Supergrub 2 disk, I get the expected Mepis, Vista Bootloader and Win 7 selections, but I also get a selection for Mint! When I choose Mint, it actually boots into a previous installation I once had?? I have no idea how this is possible, with it being wiped clean via format and Mepis installed on the root & home parts. One thing, I did create the the supergrub 2 disk when I had Mint installed, so maybe that has something to do with it? Does anyone know how this is possible? BTW, the supergrub disk is only 125 MB in size, so I don't see how the Mint installation can somehow be on the disk.

2. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  3. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

LOL! slaps forehead in complete embarrassment after realizing what happened :oops: o_O

My second internal drive was plugged in at the time, and I remember now it has Mint installed on it, so Supergrub just saw the installation, therefore giving me the option to boot from it. Of course now with it unplugged, I get a boot error after selecting it. Heh, heh...not so amazing after all :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.