supercopier

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by cet, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

Is anyone using supercopier? Any comments?It is a folder copier program which has more functions than terra copy.

2. rice4lunch

rice4lunch Registered Member

is it free? can you include a link?
    Oh i found it on sourceforge, but it only has the src, not the bin.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  3. rice4lunch

nm, its opensource. I found the website and tested out the program. here's the link. http://supercopier.sfxteam.org/modu...sh&PHPSESSID=8010a41ffe29fd6e3236fa9e66bfd5cc

It completely replaces explorer file transfers and has alot more option than teracopy. such as... limit transfer speed, priority control, buffer size, etc...

comparing to teracopy (portable version), I didn't need to drap & drop files into the program first. And I didn't need to install supercopier, just extracted the exe files and use it.

I could be wrong about this, but I don't see any crc checker.

4. cet

cet Registered Member

http://www.portablefreeware.com/?q=supercopier&m=Search

I used the above link and made it portable.I copied my virtual Ubuntu machine to an external disk and it worked flawlessly..Supercopier is also very fast compared to teracopy and win XP copy function.It has an error log and a ''Don't close if there was errors'' option in the configutation menu,but how does it find errors I do not know.

I think I am going to use the program ''ViceVersa FREE'' to be sure that the 2 files are the same.You can make a CRC comparison of 2 folders.

5. NewsAndHistory

NewsAndHistory Registered Member

Would any of you tell me what you know about SuperCopier (beside what's already been posted above)?

Cet, What did you find out about SuperCopier after using "ViceVersa FREE"?

6. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

I'm not sure if this one is similar, but I've used it once to copy my entire data partition. It seemed very quick and worked well.
    http://www.copyhandler.com/

7. raakii

raakii Registered Member

I use Portable Burst copy for speed .It integrates completely and uses burstpaste as addition to to normal paste, i would love supercopy to be like portable burst copy,instead of running i always in the background.

8. Pliskin

Pliskin Registered Member

The fastest for me is FastCopy and also, important, it doesn't make fragmented files like TeraCopy v2 and BurstCopy (tested with Defraggler). I must try SuperCopier.

9. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I didn't know this!

Thanks ;)

10. cet

cet Registered Member

screenshot of the program supercopier2.

Attached Files:

11. rice4lunch

supercopier crash on me when I tried to copy an iso over 2gb large. can anybody confirm this, or is it just me?

12. cet

cet Registered Member

I copied my virtual vmware files over 10 GB without any problems.

13. tetsuo55

tetsuo55 Registered Member

This thread got me very interested.

did some googling and decided to test all of them (except for burstcopy)

I have to admit that i did not check for fragmentation, but the sound the harddisk makes says a lot too.

The application that i was already using beat all the other hands down.

Teracopy Feb12 beat all the others with an average speed of 18MB/s and a peak of 23MB/s

Second place went to Fastcopy with an average of 16MB/s and 20MB/s peak

Copy handler came in 3rd place, only slightly slower than Fastcopy but the sound the harddisk was making said enough about it being inefficient.

The most shamefull last place went to Supercopier with a shocking 5MB/s average with a 7MB/s peak. The harddisk was very noisy and the system responsiveness was down by a lot.

Supercopier was however the only application that completely replaces ALL read/write operations system wide.(not only explorer like the rest)
    If Supercopier actually did work it would have sped up the entire system.

I am sticking with Teracopy

Note:
    My tests where not scientific, method:
    -Copied the same file between 2 partitions on 1 hdd, did it 3 times for each copier, no need to take averages because the result was the same each time.

14. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

interesting ! use teracopy for awhile,good to know sir. ;)

15. cet

cet Registered Member

It is interesting that it might be your system.I do not have those hard disk noises and you can see that SuperCopier is copying at a 20MB/s speed (picture in my previous post.)

16. tetsuo55

If my system had a problem all the copiers would be effected, not just supercopier.

If my results can be applied to other systems teracopy might also result in faster copying for you

17. cet

cet Registered Member

Ok,let me try teracopy.Are you using the version 1.22 or the beta version2?

I tried the portable version beta2.Speed is 30MB/s. But I still prefer Supercopier.Because when I start to copy with Teracopy my computer freezes for a second.Maybe it is because of beta.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  18. tetsuo55

I am using the latest nightly build, dated feb 12 2009, you can get if from the blog part of the site.

The startup delay is partly fixed with that newer version, if you actually install it it gets even lower (to the point that there is no more delay unless you selected 10000's of small files)

Even with a slight startup delay the overall tranfer time is lower than the other copiers because the average and peak speeds are so much higher.

19. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Interesting tests tetsuo55 :).

Not sure if it matters, but Copy Handler does have options for changing the buffer/s and other stuff like thread priority which is set to normal by default. Also from my logs it looks like I averaged 20 MB/s on a 19.49GB transfer from 1 HDD to another. Anyways, I'm glad you at least tried it and enjoyed reading your results.

20. NewsAndHistory

NewsAndHistory Registered Member

Innerpeace, raakii, Pliskin, tetsuo55, cet, Huupi, rice4lunch, rdsu: Thanks for your help! I appreciate those test-results, InnerPeace, Cet, and Tetsuo55!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.