Superbird or Dubiousbird?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I was at Softpedia's website and noticed a browser named Superbird, based on Chromium.

I checked the website, and besides not offerering nothing new (judging by the screenshots), at all, such as a built-in adblocker for instance, I think :rolleyes: I've seen similar comparisons somewhere else...

Seriously, why do people bother "developing" software that offers nothing that the original doesn't already? o_O Then, make these comparisons to scare users? (In my opinion, it's only meant for FUD.)

-http://superbird.me/en/superbird-vs-chrome

Why not offer something more productive to people? :blink:

2. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

This is the bad side of open source. Anybody can cook up a project sitting in their bedroom, and anybody can copy said project a hundred times over and just change the name. This "Superbird" is nothing more than SRWare Iron with a new name, and both play on the same fear that obviously most people have gotten over and never really existed in the first place. I wonder at times if people realize a lot of the speed from Chrome is due to data going to Google and Google having an idea of where you're trying to go?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.