SUPERAntiSpyware v.4.41.1000 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by hayc59, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

SUPERAntiSpyware v.4.41.1000 Released
    July 21st, 2010

Technology Changes
    • Faster scanning in both Quick and Complete Scan modes (varies on each system)
    • Additional TDSS Detection/Removal (Stealth Rootkit/Removal Technology)
    • Heuristic Engine speed increases
    • Last update on the way to the 5.0 pre-release - MAJOR update!
    • Many user requested features including super fast scanning and more!

Download: SUPERAntiSpyware
    Product Details: SUPERAntiSpyware
    View: History

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Scanned my HDD in 18 minutes. :D Thats half the time it took during the last version. :D

3. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Haven't looked at SAS in awhile but kudos for adding at some time r/c to explorer context menu, some enhanced self protection(?) , personally would like a 'jump to' in the results.

Detected the TDL3 dropper but not the rootkit therefore didn't have a chance to remove, but with realtime on the 'infection' wouldn't have been given a chance to start.
    Hot sample

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Do you know which apps can remove TDL3?

5. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Yes, have a look here I would say (thanks to EP_X0FF and a_d_13 for providing the home) it is the resource for keeping up to date on TDL/TDSS.
    note
    it is an ever changing infection with packed and reencrypted sample updates several times a day.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  6. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

I got infected a week ago through USB (my kid did it) .It was removed by MSE and Malwarebytes(leftover from MSE was detected).Used multiple scans,including hijack this,hitman pro,superantispyware,dr.web etc. nothing was found after the cleanup.

7. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

SUPER AntiSpyware is lightweight and seems good protection software. I am currently evaluating it along with Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 CF1 (11.0.1.400). I am also searching for reviews about its detection rates and cleaning ability....

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I have to wonder why SAS asks for a reboot after a scan to delete an object ( in this case a flash tracking cookie) when if you elect to leave the object in quarantine you can later delete the object without then program asking for a reboot?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  9. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Not sure what you mean?
    I just ran my scan first with SAS and forund three cookies--no reboot
    MBAM scan three days ago and two cookies and asked to reboot.

10. The Hammer

What version do you have? I have 4.38.1004. With me SAS asked so I told it to ignore tracking cookies. I might try changing the setting back from ignore.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  11. The Hammer

Maybe a program update is in order for me as I tried it again with Scan for tracking cookies enabled. It can be found under Preferences-Scanning Control, and after a Quick scan found 4 Adware cookies I was asked to reboot in order to remove them. I elected not to and subsequently deleted them from quarantine without the necessity of a reboot. Also Flash cookies seem to fall into a different threat category from Adware cookies.

12. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Please use latest build (SUPER Antispyware Pro 4.41.1000) and report back about the issue. Removing cookie (while browser is closed) should not ask for reboot.

13. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

the latest version! :)

14. The Hammer

Just ran a Quick Scan with latest version. No change as a reboot was asked for after quarantining latest tracking cookies. I'm using the 64 bit version of Win 7 Home Premium by the way. It's not really a problem , just a quirk in the removal process as stated in post # 8. Also hayc59 when I used MBAM I don't recall being asked for a reboot for cookies.

15. progress

progress Guest

The little bug is still ugly :(

16. The Hammer

Maybe this is how it's supposed to work. Just to expand on what happens; When the scan finishes I'm asked by SAS to reboot to remove the threats after they have been quarantined. I am presented with a Yes button and a No button. If I choose No, SAS warns me that my system is still infected and that a reboot is necessary to remove the threats. If I ignore the warning I can go to Quarantine latter, and click remove to wipe out the threats that are there. As I said before it's not a big problem. It's just odd.

17. Bugsy48

Bugsy48 Registered Member

1st time poster. Hope this is proper thread.

Regarding SAS, I've noticed that whenever I launch, UAC does not ask permission. I assume that is because it is somehow running. My UAC is set to High and, to my knowledge, I have unchecked all realtime options. Also, I don't see it working as process. I use procexp to view processes. Any ideas. o_O

Probably an obvious answer but I'm stumped. Of course, not to hard to stump me.

18. The Hammer

I'm using the free version and UAC doesn't ask permission here either. I presume it's because the free version is on demand. You have unchecked all real time options so that is basically the same thing. UAC does ask permisssion for Avira which is running realtime.

19. Bugsy48

Bugsy48 Registered Member

Thanks for reply Hammer...

I'm also using Free SAS. Mbam and HMP, also running on demand, requires UAC to launch. As expected, realtime NIS does not require permission. Since SAS is on demand, I would expect UAC permission as with other on demand programs unless there is something happening in background.

I may have misunderstood your response.

20. The Hammer

I run mostly in a LUA account and access my Admin account only occasionally. Are you running primarily as Admin? I don't know how much difference that would make to permission requests.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  21. The Hammer

SAS 4.41.1000 isn't asking for a reboot on my 64 bit Win 7 system anymore.:thumb:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  22. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

They need faster update downloads.

I have had SAS uninstalled from my computer for a while because it takes forever for the updates to download. But after seeing this thread about all the wonderful improvements that SAS has made, I reinstalled it.

However, nothing has changed with SAS's update downloads. They take too long and that little dialogue box with the green bar showing the progress of the update just hangs and hangs and hangs on your screen. :mad:

Does anyone else have this problem with SAS?

23. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

What speed is your connection? What other security software are you running that may filter HTTP traffic?

24. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

It also hangs in my case but continues to download in background...:)

25. SAustn2

SAustn2 Registered Member

Re: SUPERAntiSpyware v.4.41.1000 Released(Cant update in limited account,SRP)

How does one update the definition files in SuperAntiSpyware when running in a limited account with a software restriction policy if definition files are downloaded to C:documents and Settings\Username\application data since this area is restricted by Software Restriction Policy? Also does Software Restriction Policy cause any problems updating Microsoft Security Essentials from a limited account. I am using the Software Restriction Policy this site refers to at Mechbgon's. I like it so far and have noticed no difference running this policy except for updating security programs from my limited Windows XP Pro account. Many thanks to everyone that posts and replies here :) otherwise I would have never known about SRP and alot of other stuff. PS sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.