SuperAntiSpyware/SuperAntiSpyware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Chris12923, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Ok it's about time I post this to help any one looking into SuperAntiSpyware/SuperAdBlocker http://www.superantispyware.com http://www.superadblocker.com . I was using SAS since its beta my earliest receipt was Thursday, March 23, 2006 and was totally convinced it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I purchased a tech license when it came out. Had my family and friends buy the home version as well. All was well.

I started using SuperAdBlocker Friday, November 6, 2009 one day after the pre release for version 5 was posted on their forum. I was really excited since this seemed like it was going to be another excellent product. A few updates within 13 days made my heart pump waiting for the next updates.

Unfortunately Im still waiting for SuperAdBlockers next update or final release even. So my heart no longer pumps waiting for the next update instead it flatlined as did the products development.

As for SuperAntiSpyware... It's been pre release for a while as well and supposedly is very close to being released. In the mean time I purchased a competitors product because Id been using SAS for so long and using this competitors product only on demand I figured Id use it till SAS 5 was released. Well I now use it full time and use SAS on demand. One of the reasons I brought this up was because I came across this post https://www.wilderssecurity.com/member.php?u=6772 and I was like hmm it just seems like a that is what SAS/SAB seems to have done and are still doing. I say still doing because if you look here at the first post http://forums.superantispyware.com/...cker-pre-release-wie8-and-firefox-3x-support/ it says
    "All previous purchase users of SUPERAdBlocker will receive SUPERAntiSpyware Professional free of charge. This will be done on official release of SUPERAdBlocker 5.0". Well I bet if SuperAntiSpyware 5 gets released first (which it will) people will buy it instead of waiting for SuperAdBlocker to be released to get the free copy because who knows when that will happen.

So hopefully at some point SAB will get released because it does seem like a nice peice of software even in the pre release.

As for SAS 5 it might be the greatest software ever to be released and I hope it is but I want possible buyers to be aware of the issues above and if youve purchased SAB in the past maybe just wait for the new version to become official so you can get SAS for free instead of buying SAS 5 and then a week later after initial sales spike is over they launch SAB 5 and tell you now you can get a free license for SAS...

I'm not bashing the products abilty so use whatever you feel comfortable with. I'm just making you aware of possible shady sales practices. This has been brought up before as well because if you buy right from Superantispyware.com its 29.95 but download the trial or portable goto update the definitions and it always says limited time offer and you can get it for 9.95. Just an FYI.

Looking forward to SAS and SAB versions 5 when they do get here and I hope this helps at least 1 person from aggravation.

Thanks,

Chris

PS. Im sure someone will try to say Im bashing the product but Im not. Its a decent product and 5 may be super awesome.

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Wow long post man!

So in conclusion (To save some people time), he's saying that if you want to buy SAS v5 when it is released, you could hold on for a few weeks/months until they release SAB because when you buy SAB you get a SAS free license.

Am i right? :D

3. Chris12923

Mr

Yea pretty much...Actually if you have previously purchased SAB 4 for instance a year ago you get SAS 5 Free when SuperAdBlocker 5 is released! That and how it seems SAB development is either dead or like I said once they release SAS 5 people gobble it up and then they release SuperAdBlocker 5 and give you another license which is great if you have multiple PC's but if not you paid for something you couldve got for free.

Thanks,

Chris

4. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Re: Mr

All SUPERAdBlocker users get a free SUPERAntiSpyware 5.0 PROFESSIONAL not something they "could get for free" - the version bundled in SUPERAdBlocker is very limited compared to SUPERAntiSpyware Professional. When we release SUPERAdBlocker 5.0 all users get a free upgrade to that software as well - so they get the best of both worlds, not just part of one.

You simply go around posting propaganda in an attempt to defame our company and good name.

5. Chris12923

I think somewhere there is some confusion. I am saying that the quote I posted from your forum says that "All previous purchase users of SUPERAdBlocker will receive SUPERAntiSpyware Professional free of charge. This will be done on official release of SUPERAdBlocker 5.0". So what I am saying is that lets say SuperAntiSpyware 5 is released tomorrow according to the quote above since SuperAdBlocker 5 is not officially released yet they will have to pay for a SuperAntiSpyware license and then when SuperAdBlocker is released if they had previously purchased SuperAdBlocker they will get a license to SuperAntiSpyware Professional. Im not making this up in attempt to defame your company this is a quote from your own website. Here again it seems like an attempt to confuse buyers.

I think everyone understands that if you purchased superadblocker they will get superadblocker 5 for free and that is great, and I am not disputing that. I said you have a decent product and I said you have lightning fast responses. I also have posted nothing but good about SAS on this forum and others. Is that trying to defame you to?

So maybe we can clear it up. If SuperAntispyware 5 is released before SuperAdBlocker 5 do previous licensed users of SuperAdBlocker 4 get SuperAntispyware 5 for free? This sounds like what you are saying and if so thats awesome and I misunderstand the quote from your forum.

Thanks,

Chris

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

really?

Oh give me a break. You promised the SAB final release over a year ago and it's still in beta. The non-beta product has not been upgraded since when? Maybe 3-4 years ago? People make complaints on your forum about the product being abandoned and you delete the posts. Nobody is defaming your company- you brought on the criticism yourself for selling lifetime licenses to a product you have abandoned. Take a look at the SuperAdBlocker site, for instance...when was the last time that site was updated? Maybe 2005?

http://superadblocker.com/

Look at the reviews by people on download.com for SuperAdBlocker-
    http://download.cnet.com/Super-Ad-Blocker/3000-7786_4-10295147.html?tag=mncol;1

Are all the negative reviews defaming your company? And we won't even get into the deceptive advertising about your $9.99 "today only" pitch.

Seriously with your sales practices I don't see how you are allowed to be an expert listed on this site. I understand you have a big following with SAS and deservedly so with it's performance in removing malware. But your sales practices really leaves a lot to be desired. It's actually pretty shady. And it all has a consistent theme to it.

Now go ahead again and talk about how you have been defamed and victimized like you always do- run and tattle tale to a mod or whatever.

7. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Re: really?

Welcome aboard ARC1965! I knew you were lurking! LOL

Nothing we do is "illegal", nor "deceptive". We run specials and give users a great deal - which helps people during a tough economy.

We have also GIVEN AWAY over 35 million copies of our software to help users fight malware.

The only posts we delete or edit is from trolls (not just you) and people being inappropriate. We have huge demands on our staff and time and we are trying very hard to keep everything updated.

You complain about us allowing people to buy our software for $9.95 or $19.95 lifetime updates, etc. - people are getting a great deal and we provide quality software.

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I hope this doesn't derails :rolleyes:

9. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

SAS’s marketing practices are pretty standard in marketing. From purchasing a house, to buying a car, consumers are told that they have to purchase on a certain day to get a certain deal. Consumers are informed that package deals are available… or they may not be told that they are available. And in software, it’s even more common.

Not saying it’s the preferred method or what is best for consumers…. But it is common and it is done commonly by reputable companies.

SAS certainly has a long history of doing good things. I hope the product is not receiving less attention than it used to.

Don't know anything about SuperAdBlocker... but yes, the reviews on the linked site don't indicate satisfaction with the current state of that product.

Software with lifetime licenses does seem to have a limited ‘lifetime’ though – except in the case of Winpatrol.

I used SAS for a couple of years and was pretty happy. I had a crash and have not reloaded it… but it’s on my to-do list.

:)

10. Chris12923

Yea we dont want to give a reason to get thread closed for defaming so hope it doesnt go there but it is strange that I asked a valid question above but it went unanswered... I dont want people to assume that it is going unanswered because it might be construed as deceptive so I'm sure you just missed it but just to clear it up can you please answer it?

"So maybe we can clear it up. If SuperAntispyware 5 is released before SuperAdBlocker 5 do previous licensed users of SuperAdBlocker 4 get SuperAntispyware 5 for free? This sounds like what you are saying and if so thats awesome and I misunderstand the quote from your forum."

of course it's in response to the quote below which is from your forum

"All previous purchase users of SUPERAdBlocker will receive SUPERAntiSpyware Professional free of charge. This will be done on official release of SUPERAdBlocker 5.0"

I just want to make sure that users know that SAS 5 will be for free when released if they have previously purchased SAB. Or does it mean to get SAS 5 for free they have to wait until SAB 5 is officially released and then they can get SAS 5 for free? This way they know if they should wait till SAB 5 is released so they don't need to purchase SAS 5 right away since they will be getting SAS 5 free anyway.

Thanks for taking the time to respond Nick. Like I said above your replies are usually lightning quick which is one of the reasons I like SAS :)

Thanks,

Chris

PS - Kinda confusing SAS 5, SAB 5 I'm sure it will be cleared up in a bit.

11. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Yes, anyone purchasing SUPERAdBlocker now, or who has purchased SUPERAdBlocker before gets a FREE SUPERAntiSpyware 5.0 PROFESSIONAL LIFETIME subscription.

12. Chris12923

Mr

Great! but will they be able to use that license for SAS 5 if it is released before SAB 5 that is what im trying to figure out.

Sounds like were on the right track and I appreciate your answer as Im sure others do as well. Constructive criticism and questiosn like this do not mean people are trying to defame you Nick. If you just answer the questions like you are doing now it looks much better than when you act like people are trying to bash you. Again thnk you and this is my last question if answered with yes or no cause that covers it exactly.

Thanks,

Chris

13. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Re: Mr

SUPERAdBlocker 5.0 will no longer contain SUPERAntiSpyware, it doesn't make sense since they are very different products. The SUPERAdBlocker code they receive will continue to work with SUPERAdBlocker 5.0 and there is a separate code for SUPERAntiSpyware 5.0, each code works for the respective product.

14. Chris12923

If you mean they will get two codes one for their free upgrade to SuperAdBlocker 5 and one for SuperAntiSpyware 5 then that's awesome and everyone can stop reading now but if thats not what you meant. (continue)

Im sorry but I dont understand... You say in your forum:

"All previous purchase users of SUPERAdBlocker will receive SUPERAntiSpyware Professional free of charge. This will be done on official release of SUPERAdBlocker 5.0".

I understand they have different code but in your quote above from your forum it says when SuperAdBlocker is officially released they will get SuperAntiSpyware Professional for free. So If SuperAdBlocker 5 is released after SuperAntiSpyware 5 they will get SuperAntiSpyware 5 for free. This is what it says in your forum and I hope you will will honor it and I hope that SuperAdBlocker users can look forward to getting a good product like SuperAntiSpyware 5 for free.

I understand you dont want to commit to what was quoted above said because I'm sure it will cost some sales since they will wait till SuperAdBlocker 5 is released so they can get SuperAntiSpyware 5 for free but look on the bright side as a company the users can look at your company as one that is true to their word and that Nick is a great thing to have.. "Trust"

Thanks,

Chris

PS - Mods please understand there isnt any bashing of product (or anyones good name) going on here SAB and SAS are good products and Nick and SAS support ave good response times. This is only to let wider audience understand about the quote above without it getting deleted at SAS forum. Thanks for your understanding and I think Nicks next answer should clear it up..I hope

15. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Chris - I am not sure how many more ways I can answer this for you - if you buy SUPERAdBlocker now, or have purchased SUPERAdBlocker in the past, you get a FREE SUPERAntiSpyware Professional 5.0 LIFETIME CODE.

I can't update the forum if you must keep cutting and pasting the same thing over and over - I am not sure why what I am writing here isn't sticking for you............ :)

16. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

Speaking for this small portion of the wider audience I sure wish you'd move on.
    I can't understand why this incessant badgering is allowed to continue. It's beyond ludicrous at this point. :rolleyes:

17. Chris12923

The way that you avoid the question astounds me. The reason I have to keep posting the same thing is because the question is never answered. We can do this all day but I guess I have wasted enough of my time trying to pry an answer out of you but I will say this in closing. If anyone in the past has purchased superadblocker then please pm me or post to the forum if you didnt get a free license to superantispyware 5 when its released because I think what will happen is you will not get a license when its released you will have to wait until superadblocker 5 is released (if ever) and at that time you will get your superantispyware 5 license and that is what this post is about and thats the question that keeps beiing avoid. Its only badgering when the person doesnt answer the question.

Thanks,

Chris

18. Chris12923

Blues I see you dont show SAB in your signature so your not worried if you can get SAS 5 when first released for free since you already spent money. This is for those people.

Thanks,

Chris

19. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

When I have a question regarding a program I own, whether free or paid, I contact the vendor (via email or their website or even telephone).
    Sometimes I'll even ask a question on a forum (whether dedicated to that software or not) if there are certain nuances of the software I'd like to learn more about from the experience of others.

What I don't do, however, is continue to ask the same question over and over ad nauseum until I've not only turned off the vendor but the other members of the online community the forum serves.

If you pay for the software via credit card or PayPal and you don't get what you are due, it's an easy enough process to reverse the charges. (And, truth be told, we're not talking about a huge investment here. There's not a lot at risk.)

So please, a little perspective is called for. You may think that you are acting as a champion of the people but I would beg to differ at this juncture.

20. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Chris - nothing is being avoided - all SUPERAdBlocker current users will be provided a SUPERAntiSpyware Professional LIFETIME license FREE OF CHARGE when SUPERAntiSpyware Professional 5.0 is released. This license entitles them to any and all upgrades to SUPERAntiSpyware.

There will be a link in our forums, and on our support page and an e-mail sent to all current license holders for SUPERAdBlocker so they can obtain their SUPERAntiSpyware Professional 5.0 LIFETIME license.

Mods - can we lock this without having Chris post again - so anyone reading this can read this final post and understand what they get? Thanks!

21. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

Ok I for one dont understand why you asking for the thread to be locked or closed? Just because a customer has questions and he/she is not satisfied with your answer? That is not a good way to deal with paying customers IMO..:mad:

22. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

I have no problem with customer questions - but when you answer something 3 times in a row and they person asks the same thing over and over there has to be a stopping point and I don't think Chris knows when to stop, so I was trying to keep the thread from turning into exacly this - OFF TOPIC.

Do you have quesitons I can answer about our products? I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to answer ANY PRODUCT RELATED questions ANYONE has!

23. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

If the person is not stopping means their questions have not been answered dont you think..why ignore and not try to explore?:mad:

24. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

In this case there isn't much more I can say to make it clear.......

25. Chris12923

Thank you for answering it. All I was looking for was if they get the license when SAS 5 was released or have to wait until SAB 5 was released. Now you have clarified it I'm satisfied and I hope users of SAB are too. Thanks to the mods for letting us use this to inform users of the good products SAS and SAB are! Now that clears it up. Thanks to everyone that understands what this was about.

Thanks,

Chris

PS - Thanks to nick as well for continuing the dialog.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.