Superantispyware question

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by tawd1992, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tawd1992

tawd1992 Registered Member

Sometimes when I scan a pc with Superantispyware it will say that it needs to restart the pc to finish cleaning it. When I restart the pc Superantispyware (free version) doesn't seem to run or finish cleaning the pc. Maybe it is running in the background & I just don't notice it. Do you need the Pro version for it to run when you restart your pc to finish cleaning it or should the free version do this also?

2. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

SAS free or Pro will ask for a reboot inorder to complete a clean if 1 or more files are held open(In use).

The file(s) are deleted on rebooting when they are not in use so effectively completing the clean up routine.

HTH:)

3. pbw3

pbw3 Registered Member

Not sure if this is relevant to your case, but I found that if I had files to be cleaned in an admin area, and I was logged in as UAC limited user, it would not delete the files in the admin area on re-start. Ie exactly the same problems would keep coming up on subsequent scans as limited user (hence I knew it had not deleted them the previous time).

The way round it, for me, was to run the scan as administrator. Then everything got cleaned.

Regards
    Peter

4. tawd1992

tawd1992 Registered Member

Thanks fcukdat & pbw3 for clearing that up.

5. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

SUPERAntiSpyware's kernel drivers take care of the clean up on the boot, so the system should be cleaned up after the boot sequence is complete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.