SuperAntiSpyware Program

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sooflymami, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

I havent even opened that program for a year or so and havent updated the definitions, new version of SAS for a year or so as well. if I want to use it again, should I uninstall that program and then install it again or should I do it by clicking where it says to download new version and new definitions when I open the program? I just have a feeling if I do it by clicking after I go to SAS, it will update it to the previous definitions and versions, but that is just newer than the ones I have right now. but not recent. what should I do?

2. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

From my past experience (haven't used it lately), when you install the new version it will make you uninstall the old version. So yes uinstall it and then install the new version.

3. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

Maybe I'm wrong but I think that lately SAS prompts that there is a new version...asks you if you want to get it and then installs the new version by itself. I don't know though if it can be done with an old version like yours.

4. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

the internal updater will update the whole thing.

6. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

Yes, when I opened SAS, it asks me if I want to install it to the new version and has install now or cancel button but I'm just not sure if I should uninstall the SAS program or just click the "install" button when that thing pops up asking "theres a new versoin available. would u like to install it now?" you dont think it will update it to the older version than the newest one?

7. norky

norky Registered Member

you could have uninstalled and installed 10 times by now :p just uninstall it and install the new version. not a big deal and pretty painless :)

8. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

Just click the install button. Remember to disable during installation your hips ( if you have any ). You don't have to uninstall.

9. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

It should auto-update from any previous version with no problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.