SuperAntiSpyware PRO

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Ibrad, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

So whats everyone opinion on SuperAntiSpyware PRO. I do find it odd that it is only using 512k memory so I am really starting to wonder if the real time works at all.

Has anyone actually had the SAS PRO real time shield block malware on a personal machine?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I don't have any thoughts except about starting such a thread :thumbd:

Gerard

3. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

I just wanted to get some opinions on the product without spaming the Whats you Security setup thread asking for opinions.

4. mrgigabyte

mrgigabyte Registered Member

its a great program and the owner is always there to help
    i dont use the real time shields i use prevx to protect my computer
    i did some resource and prevx usings came up the winner to me
    but sas pro i have own for a very long time and i recommended it to everybody my know and co workers

5. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

Over the years, I've used Superantispyware Pro a number of times on a trial basis just to see how the product has evolved.

On my computer, Superantispyware does seem to have a lesser impact on system resources than Emsisoft (A-Squared), but is no better in that regard than Malwarebytes or Prevx.

On the plus side, there have been obvious improvements in the program such as much faster scan speed and a few additional user options.
    They state better detection capability, but they how do you really know ?

I've seen a number of tests involving Superantispyware compared with other AM applications and it has consistently ranked among the best.
    That said, each test seemed to employ a different methodology, so I'm not really sure that results from each test can be directly compared.

6. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

awesome software and Nick is always around to help out!!

7. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good-Day ! Have been using S.A.S. Pro for the last five years on and off. I don't think the real time functions as advertised. So i use it as an on demand scanner...but use Prevx with Safe-On-Line as my main malware app. Essentially S.A.S.Pro is a very effective cookie catcher...hasn't detected any real malware threats...trojans...rootkits...etc. But Nick is a very dedicated owner and I personally applaud his efforts at continuous improvement with S.A.S. I find the current version scans quicker and it's eliminated the annoying reboot after detection of cookies...much better...so I stand by Nick and S.A.S. due to the dedication and customer relationship qualities of S.A.S. Sincerely...Securon

8. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

FWIW the memory usage reported by task manager is only a small portion of the actual memory used.

9. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have used the Pro version in the past on a couple different machines. It seems to run light but the real time protection has never caught anything that I have noticed. Also, I have never seen a report where the real time protection has provided much protection at all. I would say if a person wants to support the company then pay for the Pro version, just don't develop a false sense of security thinking the real time protection is providing something which it isn't. There really is no way to separate the facts from the bull with that company anyway, short of seeing some independent results. FWIW- I still have a couple Pro licenses but they are not installed anymore. Instead, I just use the portable version from time to time to scan my C drive. Last I heard SAS could not scan Fat32, so I don't use it to scan my portable hard drive.

10. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

I have seen life in the real time protection unit, it did not block anything but I found it was scanning in real time. Twice as I was install Visual Basic 2010 SDK SAS PRO has CPU spikes and ram usage jumped as it was scanning files in real time. So maybe it watches for changes in certain Windows area's and when things change it scans what makes those changes?

11. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Now that SAS has an engine over at VT they do have access to any samples uploaded which should be of help with detections.

12. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I have been using SAS Pro for quite a few years but haven't been infected longer. SAS is like insurance for me in that if you don't have it that's when you'll get infected. I can vouch for it on my Daughters computer when she got hit with the Vundo trojan. SAS did a fine job isolating the trojan.

13. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

good to hear man;) :thumb:

14. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

IDK, but I can say that SAS is top-notch at malware cleaning rather than blocking. IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.