Superantispyware online scan-Is something wrong?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by roark37, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roark37

roark37 Registered Member

I downloaded the Superantispyware online scan earlier today and then ran it. I was shocked when it showed roughly 1400 items as I have been using Superantispyware free as an on demand scanner for years and the most I have ever had were some flash cookies and nothing else. Anyway I had all 1400 quarantined and removed and then got the message I needed to reboot to finish the removal which I did. After the reboot I immediately downloaded the Asquared Emergency Kit scanner and then ran it. It only showed one trace item and that was it. A few hours later I checked my email and then surfed for maybe 10 minutes. I then ran the same Superantispyware scanner again and it now showed 1398 items. This time I did not remove/quarantine but left alone and then ran Asquared emergency kit scanner again. It found absolutely nothing. Now I know there will not be perfect overlap but does it make any sense for Superantispyware to show 1400 items infected but Asquared zero? There was nothing to install so I don't think I could have done something wrong on that end but is that possible? I plan to run some other scanners and maybe try Malwarebytes free also but I can't make any sense of this as I have never had any of the scanners ever really find anything but all of a sudden I have 1400 issues? Thanks.

roark

2. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Please post your lastest SUPERAntiSpyware scan log here so we can see what was detected. The items are likely cookies.

3. roark37

roark37 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply but no they were not cookies. There was tons of bad stuff like trojans and many that said RogueTrojan or RogueAntivirus. I just installed and ran Malwarebytes for the 1st time and it found absolutely nothing, no infections at all. So with both MBAM & Asquared scanners showing nothing I am going to assume for now that the problem is not with my computer. I did see something like this mentioned on the SAS forums about a month ago and the response was that the user was using an outdated version. Since this was the online scan and I downloaded yesterday I would not think that would apply but I do still have an older version of SAS free on this pc so even though I did not scan with it would that somehow mess things up? The file I downloaded and scanned with that is showing the roughly 1400 infections is SAS_791D6 if you want to double check it. Thanks again.

roark

4. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Make sure you are using version 4.42.1000. Post the scan log here....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.