SuperAdBlocker and Pop-up Sentry

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by thanatos_theos, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

The first time I saw Pop-up Sentry, I thought it was a clone of SuperAdBlocker. But to my surprise, it was developed by the same people from http://www.superadblocker.com. See this site,

http://www.popupsentry.com/about.html

The site's design is also similar to superadblocker.com's.

Here is a snapshot of pop-up sentry from snapfiles.com,

http://images.webattack.com/screenfiles/popupsentry.gif

Pop-up Sentry is up to date than SuperAdBlocker. Does this mean Nick and his companions are giving up on the latter? Nick, would you mind shedding some light here.

thanatos

2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks:
    Silent ? still ? I am using SuperADBlocker, and wonder now ! A bit out of ordinary, isn't it ?

3. Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis Registered Member

From this info. on their website it looks like the products are aimed at different sectors:

....SuperAdBlocker.com that focuses on ad-blocking products aimed at the more technical user, and PopUpSentry.com that focuses on easy to use ad-blocking for consumers.

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

You mean Professional vs Standard version ? If so, where is the beef ? I mean the comparison chart? Take care.

5. Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis Registered Member

All I know is what I read. I have no experience with either of these products. I just thought that info. might provide some clarification.

I'll go back to sleep now. ;)

6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

I really appreciate your help, nothing personal. Just wonder the person has the position to clarify this situation, who acts and reacts similar ones in no time IS probably still in bed :) Don't go back to sleep, I 'll buy a Tim Horton coffee, double double ? ;)

7. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We offer both products for different markets - SUPERAdBlocker is more popular and has more configuration options than Pop-Up Sentry!. Pop-Up Sentry! is geared towards users that like a more "graphical" interface. The technology is the same, and the products are both up to date at all times.

8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I installed Pop-up Sentry (it is called Pop-up Sentry Antispyware now) and made a quick comparision w/SuperAdBlocker. It seems Pop-up Sentry uses less RAM (about 47,500) vs SuperAd's (50,500). The general feeling is this: Pop-up is more casual, do not feel much stress and strain while using. On the other hand, SuperAdBlocker makes you feel that you need to be very serious, very much business like. IMO, I prefer the first one. Take care.

9. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

You hit on exacly why we offer the two products - one for the user that wants the more casual experience, and one for those that want a more serious experience.

10. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

I failed to read that part :oops:.

Thank you for making things clear :thumb:.

Thank you for giving us a quick comparison of the products. I appreciate it :). You take care too.

thanatos

11. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

That´s funny, didn´t even know that Nick was the founder of Panicware, the Pop-Up Stopper tool was the first popup blocker I used, I later replaced it with Alta Vista´s toolbar. I must admit, I was and still am a bit skeptical about tools like SpywareTerminator and SuperAntiSpyware, that´s because when it comes to signature scanners I have more trust in the bigger and more well known companies.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.