super-antispyware any good ????

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by yvesj, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

hi i was reading about super antispyware and to see of what they say about ot it is one of the best out there is this true
    am running
    xp
    dailup
    ad-aware.se
    spywareblaster
    avg 7.5.0.432
    avg 7.5.0.50 free
    dr alex
    spyware terminater
    window defender
    what i want to do is cancel 2 of the above and replace them with super antispyware what do you thing did you check that super-antispyware if so let me know what you thing of it
    yvesj

2. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

It's better than all the anti-spyware applications you have IMO, and I've used it to clean serious real world infections. I'd ditch Windows Defender and Ad-Aware if it was me. Do you use the real time protection in spyware terminator? I'd also add a HIPS and firewall to your arsenol. I personally like Prevx1 as a standalone realtime protection against everything, along with a good antivirus and firewall. I have Antivir, Prevx, and Comodo. I also use Superantispyware as a backup scanner.

3. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Gotta agree w/ Drew here. Dump Windows Defender and Ad-Aware. On my box SAS & a squared replaced Ad-Aware & Spybot S&D for bi-weekly scans.

hth,

...screamer

4. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Agree with Drew and screamer, i scan one week with AVG antispyware free + SuperAntispyware free and next week with A² free + SuperAntispyware free

MaB

5. SirMalware

SirMalware Registered Member

SUPERAntiSpyware is excellent and is usually updated daily.

6. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

i thank you all for fast reply
    as for fire wall it did come with my brand new dell desktop. it microsoft fire wall i thing.i wiil check .prevx1. as for antivir i did try it and i was not able to update that sucer and i did try comodo
    well am new to computer and am 62 so i really need some thing real easy to use and free because i do not want to delete stuf i need
    what about the problem super antispyware had with the uninstall it is that fix now
    so if i download it and try it do you thing i will have to many of them at one in my pc. then if i like it i be able to uninstal the 3 you mention above

yes it is set for a backup scanner because it did scan by it self this morning
    yvesj

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I agree too. Dump Defender, it's useless, but IMO I keep Ad-Aware on my box, because it finds data miners others miss.

8. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

You can't go wrong with SAS, and excellent tech support from there forum.
    Badcompany.:thumb:

9. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: With SAS's coming into main stream, it has made those big fat apps enduring many sleepless nights, and could even make those over-weighter loosing their dear shirts. Is SAS any good, just judge it yourself from here.:D

10. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

thank guy now sorry but what IMO mean
    as for super antispyware do i run the free version or the trial version and drop back to the free version after 15 days
    yvesj

11. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

did you
    yvesj

12. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

Yvesj i have a spare Pro lic for SAS if you PM me your email addy,i will forward it to you:D

....and in answer to your topic question its the best free botkiller avalaible against a wide range of malware threats today,it knocks spots of the paid competition as well when it comes down to ADS dwelling trojans and malware rookits :)

I should know as i'm pitting it against 2-8 unique infections a day in my persuit of harvesting malware for MIRT

13. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks; SAS:thumb: I am using SAS's sibling, SuperAd Blocker, it has SAS as one of the components. If you are in market searching paid AS app, IMO, SAS should be the front runner on your shopping list. Just do a bit search on this forum, you will be convinced. ;)

14. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

thak you{ fcukdat} i got you i will uninstall the one you toll me that will live me with 4 good one i thing it will be good to keep it clean as for my firewall it is supply with microsoft when i receive my new cp. it window firewall so do you thing it good enuff and thank again. am really happy now but am still freezing. lol.
    yvesj

15. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Am I having a stroke? o_O

16. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

you are welcome thank you
    yvesj

17. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

IMO abbreviation for "In my opinion"

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

It is the only AntiSpyware worth paying for.

19. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Editied for clarity above

Twl845 - French Canadian doesn't translate into English that easily. ;)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  20. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Probably not. But maybe you are starting to feel dyslexic? :D

21. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Replies in parentheses above

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  22. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Very good program I only use it if I get breached, I personally don't like the way it modifies your logonui and other critical system files but hey I guess it needs to. Also noticed slight 3 sec lag on start up and thats with services disabled at start up, maybe its cause of the 3 .sys drivers it installs and the modifications it does to your OS, but hey good program very complete scanner with cleansing abilities and all that good stuff.

23. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

thank you am a newbie what are exxpecting
    yvesj

24. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

yes am french you do not choose what you like to when you born you have to live with what you have
    second you put your seft in my shoe grade 6 in french 1959 born in quebec move in ontario in 1960 no inglis shooll at all what i know i did learn it in the street and on the job and am able to read any blue print for big job i mean big all this with no school not bad hey
    now 1 1/2 year with computer if cant do better go ahead but i will tell you some thing you better get up early to screw with my grade 6 and this is only with one finger on the key board
    so there you go have a nice day
    yvesj

25. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Welcome to the forum. There is a wide range of ages and PC background experience of the forum members. Best wishes as you learn more about PC and its capabilities (and weaknesses).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.