Sunflower: The Powerful Dual Pane File Manager You've Been Waiting For!

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by apathy, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apathy

apathy Registered Member

Sunflower is Open Source, twin panel, small and highly customizable File Manager for Linux with plugins support. Sunflower main purpose is to create powerful and easy use of file manager. Sunflower is developed in python language.

Krusader has been my favorite file manager going back for a long time. I installed it regardless of what environment I was in but now Sunflower is taking that spot. Between the plugin support, embedding a terminal in the file manager, command bar, and renaming features I love it. The developer has been working on it for years and it's still in alpha/betaish development phase.

Check it out and reply.

2. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

I use the SolusOS patched Nautilus File Manager in eos to get a working desktop. The native Pantheon Files Manager lacks right-click functionality.

3. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder Registered Member

Sunflower looks interesting. I've always found Linux file managers to be lacking so hopefully this delivers.

4. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

Interesting alternative to Krusader. Thanks for the tip! :)

5. apathy

apathy Registered Member

It is really a lightweight file manager with Krusader-like features but less clutter.
    For me nautilus was really good a few short years ago, but you'll have to disable all the preview features for it to be even useful now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.