sun.uid0.sk

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kirwood, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirwood

kirwood Registered Member

Within the last 48 hours I am getting an unprompted username/password box come up on my screens with sun.uid0.sk as the heading. A Google search points to NOD32. We are using NOD32 but what does it all mean? We have had NOD32 for some time now but never this message before.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi kirwood,

The sun server is one of the servers in use by Eset in regard to database/engine updates. I would recommend going to the Control Center > Update > Setup > servers and change to server into:

http://temp.eset.com/nod_upd/ and make sure to "choose automaticly" has been chosen.

Most probably this will solve yor porblem - provided your license has not expired.

Keep us posted.

regards,

paul

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

As Paul said, sun.uid0.sk is one of our update servers. Whenever you keep being prompted for your user/pass, they must either have been entered incorrectly, or your license has already expired.

4. kirwood

How do I know if my licence has expired? I have had no renewal reminder from Eset. I even sent an email to their site but no reply as yet.

If anyone from Eset reads this I would like to resolvce this matter quickly as I am uneasy with less than current protection

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi kirkwood,

please re-send the request to support@nod32.com and tell us your full name and the username which was assigned to you after purchase. If you recall the date and address to which you sent your inquiry (in case it was other than the aforementioned one), please include this information too. You will certainly get a response shortly.

6. kirwood

Thanks, I will do that now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.