Sun Java inquiry

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by snowy, Nov 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost Guest

2. snowy

snowy Guest

Ghost

thank you for the reply....I will read both links you kindly provided.
    the version you posted is the version I had.....BUT>>BUT.....along with it came something called: "Web Start".........when cleaning the registry I removed several titled: "Javasoft" which was part of the install................definitely I want to inquire into this deeper.
    on the by and by.....since removing the sun java the system has remained stable for the past several hours.... with java applets enabled...also.

beginning to really wonder about that so called "streamer"' .....an its relationship to all this.....

snowman

3. Ghost

Ghost Guest

snowman - If you care to try SJ again, simply configure the installation to not install JWS.

If for any reason that doesn't work, you can go into Add/Remove Programs and simply un-install it afterwards.

It's not needed at all if all you want is jre 1.4.1

4. snowy

snowy Guest

Ghost

appreciated that information....an yes definitely I'll try it again.....this time without the webstart......will do this alittle later in the day when it wont be a problem if the ye ole computer begins to act-up.......

much ..much..thank you

snowman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.