SUMo : Keep your software up to date

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Kyle_Katarn, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

It's not a bug, it's a feature ... :)

In fact, Beta version have to be manually tagged as such in database... by mylself, based on users reports (using "Report beta" function on web page and right click menu in SUMo). Therefore, it might, sometimes be a little delay with SUMo reporting beta as non beta.

Simply report them to me (using SUMo) and i'll have them fixed asap.

2. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

SUMo - 3.3.1 (Released 2012-07-22)
    ==================================

http://www.kcsoftwares.com/?download

3. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

ahh ok understood, is not a problem for me that I use all beta possible versions :D but is a problem for all users dislike betas and use Sumo checking for stable versions, even if they are the minority. They must start like betas
    Ok but if all versions Sumo shows are the betas, is not the case to delete the "Allow beta versions" option on Sumo settings? if is purged don't have other missunderstanding

4. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

Sorry i've probably missed something but i don't catch it :)

There's just a "transient" problem between time SUMo first detect a new version as "active" (even if beta) and the time when a user report it to me as beta so that i can "tag" it beta and SUMo "excludes" this update unless you have "Allow beta version" enabled in settings.

Therefore "Allow beta version" is still necessary to be unchecked for a majority of users (but probably checked for you, me and most geeks :) )

5. Romagnolo1973

ahh I think is my poor english and I am not able to explain, but the problem is another: checked or unchecked Sumo alway shows beta versions ans so If I use last Flash stable Sumo, even if I uncheck to show beta, still notify flash for been update showing me last beta existing. My frend said that and I verify the same issue. At the moment I can't tell you what programs are because my system is updated with all the beta versions so check or uncheck "allow beta version" makes no difference for me at the moment.
    Last week when I verify the issue my friend told, I play with my old pc that is not frequently used and updated, and there was the problem.
    For example Sumo (show last beta unchecked) show last beta Nvidia driver (I have last stable), last Opera Next 12.50 (I have the last stable 12.01), last Foobar 1.1.14 beta 1 (I have last stable 1.1.13)
    So have this checked or unchecked make no difference on my pc and on my friend pc, I don't know if is a general issue.
    The problem exist till last mount my friend said, I was unable to see this issue before due the fact I'm used to let "show beta" active, when he explain the issue I try and found the same problem

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  6. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

That's weird... are these beta tagged as beta on SUMo "results" pages ?

7. Romagnolo1973

ehh you want too much from my memory :D
    when I see my friends i talk him send me a picture and check if is beta in your internet page

8. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

SUMo - 3.3.2 (Released 2012-07-30)

9. Romagnolo1973

there is something strange with Ultimate tag Scanner
    I have the last stable version according to their site
    http://www.xdlab.ru/en/download.htm
    version is 5.1.620.0 and no beta release at the moment
    Sumo now right detect Ultimate tag scanner as 5.1.620.0 but still offering as update a version unknown called 5.1.6012.0 that I think is older (or ultimate tag scanner developer use sumo and a alpha release with a strange number too)
    watching on your sumo update monitor page seems 5 users have this unknow new version, but is a error I think
    The last version is 5.1.620.0

10. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I have problems with Sumo. It says that there are updates and when I click on the link it takes me to sumo´s site and when I click "download" I get to a search page, nothing gets downloaded o_O

I am willing to pay for a software that informs me of an software update and links to the update directly so I can download it without hassle, or like I can do with "DriverScanner" all updating done in through DriverScanner software rather than links to a search page. Anyone has any tips of such program for software updates?

11. Romagnolo1973

have every possible program in a single site is impossible and even if was possible cost a fortune needing more server than Google :D that's why.
    The only program can partially solve your needs is file hippo update checker, but it inform you about programs founded in their site and link you directly in the download page, are the best known but are not all programs existing in the world

Sumo way to inform you is not perfect but is good because not only search for program name but add in the search other info so % of link you on the good site is 99%

12. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

Roor cause found. This one is a very tricky one... so sad they do not use versioning correctly !
    Will be fixed in next update : http://www.kcsoftwares.com/bugs/view.php?id=1651

13. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

Thanks !

14. Romagnolo1973

SUMo - 3.4 (Released 2012-08-05)
    ================================
    - 0001659: [Bug] Seamonkey company shouldn't be "Mozilla Foundation" (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
    - 0001654: [Refactoring] Rationalisation of "DivX LLC. xxx" company names (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
    - 0001630: [New Feature] Skipped update editor (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
    - 0001647: [Refactoring] SUMO skipped - GUI - edit skipped file + skipp cancelling (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
    - 0001660: [Bug] "Skip this update" on multiple selection (still) do not work (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
    - 0001607: [Bug] General detection troubles with parallel 32/64bit application, with mutual exclusion (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
    - 0001650: [Bug] Detection of 64bit VLC (VideoLan) (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
    - 0001657: [Refactoring] "Get Update" should not be bold (not default action) (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
    - 0001649: [Bug] translations missing (see bug 1643) (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
    - 0001653: [Refactoring] Spell mistake (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
    - 0001651: [Bug] Ultimate Tag Scanner v5.1.612 reported as v5.1.6012 (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.

No, in my case (seven homepremium 64bit) Sumo portable still continue alert me about a supposed new version 5.1.6012 (Ultimate Tag I use is the portable version too)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  15. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

Thank you for posting about this update !

Concerning Ultimate TagScanner, this should be fixed by now (please re-check in SUMo)

16. Romagnolo1973

yes issue solved 100% Ultimate Tag Scanner now is correctly checked as updated :thumb:
    Thanks

17. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

18. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Kyle, for some reason the Beta version (11.4.402.257) of Flash Player is now showing as needing updating, even tho I don't have the "Allow Beta Versions" box checked. Is this a "bug"? Thanks for your efforts.

19. Romagnolo1973

is because this new version is set as "NO Beta" if you look at the sumo webpage
    -http://www.kcsoftwares.com/sumo/view.php?uid=262240730&ProductName=Adobe%20Flash%20Player%20for%20Firefox&Company=Adobe%20Systems%2C%20Inc.&prot=2

Mr Katarn needs to change it into beta (for IE and not IE flash player) and the problem is solved, and to tell the true I think is a "phantom" no correct version because last beta adobe said is 11.4.402.252 dated 7 aug. 2012
    -http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11-4.html
    version 257 seems not exist

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  20. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

This has now been corrected - all is well - :) thanks, Kyle.

21. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

Thanks !
    Sorry i've been a bit long to fix this one on server side :)

22. wasgij6

wasgij6 Registered Member

its showing that rainmeter 2.4 is the newest but its actually a beta. can you also fix this in the server?

thanks

23. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

This is fixed !

24. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Developer

SUMo - 3.4.1 (Released 2012-08-12) [ View Issues ]

25. Romagnolo1973

Some problems with this new version
    Log file can't help me to understand what is the problem
    Simply SUMO is not responding (freeze) when it complete the scan
    Previous version 3.4.0.166 that was in my recyclebin and I recuperate is still working well

Sumo is the portable version and my sistem is 7 64bit, UAC set to max and Roboscan AV, nothing more that this

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.