Suggestions???

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by mortl, Aug 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortl

mortl Registered Member

Ok so my computer is completely clean at the moment. I plan on installing Defense Wall, and Zemana Anti Logger. Should i also install a firewall and antivirus just for added protection? As far as firewalls go I was thinking about Outpost or Online Armor and for antivirus I was thinking Microsoft Security Essentials or Avira.... But Im open for suggestions. Soooooooooo Let me know

2. mortl

mortl Registered Member

haha ok

3. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

First and foremost I always advise uers get a good imaging program, ShadowProtect, Drive Snapshot, Image for Windows, etc. That way should the worst happen you'll always have a set of externally stored images to restore from. After that, this is just preference, I would add a virtualization program, ShadowDefender, Returnil, etc. This will allow you to simply restart your system and have everything back to the way it should be.

Are you behind a router with a hardware firewall? If so I recommend Kerio 2.15. It's very light and extremely customizable. I also like, and use LooknStop Personal Firewall.

I use no malware scanners. I find them to be obsolete and unable to keep up with growing and changing threats. I also prefer not having to pay yearly fees for protection.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  4. thathagat

thathagat Guest

:thumb: +1

RollbackRX....a virtualization program....o_O ...pls see here...http://www.rollbacksoftware.com/

5. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Oops. I meant Returnil. Good catch.

6. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

If you decide to add a firewall or antivirus, the programs that you listed are good choices IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.