Suggestions On Incorporating AppGuard In My Setup

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by huntnyc, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Thanks for tip on AppGuard lifetime license offer. Right now I am running Avast! 6 Free, Sandboxieie Paid and Hitman Pro Free with Shadow Defender on demand. I run this on Vista Business 32bit laptop.

I would now like to incorporate AppGuard into my security. I want to run a minmal but effective setup. Am thinking about uninstalling Avaszt! and running just AppGuard along with SD. Don't know if I still need SBIE but may run that as well and Hitman Pro on demand. Just would like your suggestions about how to work this app in my setup. I am just running Windows firewall also. Thanks.

Gary

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

On two of my machines, I have just Sandboxie Paid, Appguard, and Online Armor with the HIPS uninstalled. I am very comfortable with this setup.

Pete

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

One of my computers is running HMP, Acronis Tl and Appguard. I'm liking this arrangement so far.

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Along similar lines, I bought the lifetime license too! I have an older XP machine that I am thinking about running OA (without HIPS) and just Appguard. Want something that seldom requires updating & is still pretty safe. I am thinking this is enough??

5. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

I would run AG with Sandboxie and that's it. There are some good threads here pertaining to the configuration for both. Once set up, you would have a very solid system using minimal resources and very few prompts from either (unless there is something wrong of course). Windows firewall should suffice but SB has network control for sandboxed programs so that should cover most of your outbound traffic. However, if you download and install a lot of apps you would have to make sure to save the files out of the sandbox and switch AG to install mode. Before any of this you would need to make sure the file you want to install is clean, but you could use the virustotal uploader for that.

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i have AppGuard and Hitman Pro.if i want to run a file before doing that i scan it with hitman pro:D

7. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I too would suggest AppGuard and Sandboxie as primary defence with, optionally, a third-party firewall and AV/AM as secondary defence.

As an alternative to Sandboxie, Returnil or Shadow Defender also partner well with AppGuard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.