Suggestions for SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ColinD, May 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColinD

ColinD Registered Member

Found after Disabling the program the SpywareBlaster does not automatically enable it’s self during Computer at Startup. I have found if you have disabled the program and closed down your computer you will have to “Enable” it after Computer StartUp.
    When the program is disabled could we have the program present a Small DeskTop notification box on the Computer Desktop reminding us we have to Enable the program!
    Possibly a SpywareBlaster Icon for us in the System Tray that has a change of color = Red disabled = Blue Enabled. [Please Note, I feel we may already have too many Icons present in our System Trayo_O]
    Regards

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

you say spyware Blaster, BUT, the ONLY time spyware blaster has 2 be run is 2 update or enable/disable protections, there is no systray icon

unless your talking about the "auto update" feature in spyware blaster (which i dont use, im not 1 for having unneeded things running all the time)

spyware guard however does use an icon, if thats what your refering 2 ..

hope this clarifies some

3. ColinD

ColinD Registered Member

Hi ColinD has a reply.
    Within the SpywareBlaster Program Box on your DeskTop please click on below "Quick Tasks" the "Disable all Protection" and then Close Down and then Restart your computer. Next bring up the SpywareBlaster program and if it is the same as in my computer the wording of "Internet...." and "Restricted Sites..." will show both Wording keys "Red" ".......Protection is Disabled"
    Yes it does have a Icon but only was on the deskTop. I did drag this Icon to the "Quick Launch" Bar, to give me quick easy access to the program!

4. MCT

MCT Registered Member

spyware blaster doesnt need 2 start up every restart 2 be active

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

ColinD,

Yes, if you disable all protections, the next time you run SpywareBlaster (whether you reboot or not), the protections will all still be disabled and will show both unchecked and in bold red text.

Disabling SpywareBlaster's protections is not something most people do. SpywareBlaster is meant to be installed, all protections enabled and then closed (just exit the program). That's it. You leave the protections enabled and they won't go away. Those protections sit in the registry and when you reboot, they will still be set - unless you disable them.

SpywareBlaster does not need to reset the same protections at reboot, they'll stay set until manually disabled. So, as MCT said, it does not need to run at startup.

The only other time to run SpywareBlaster is once a week or so to run a check for updates to see if Javacool has added new spyware blocking definitions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.