Suggestions for HD wiping utilities?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Untouchable J, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Untouchable J

Untouchable J Registered Member

Say I want to sell my PC to someone, but I'm worried they could retrieve some of my personal information. Can somebody recommend some good disk cleaning utilities that will rewrite all data on my HD with blank data? As of now I only know of Eraser and Killdisk, but maybe there's something better I havent heard of yet.

Thanks

-J

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Eraser is quite good and my favorite. I also got CyberScrub 3 free from a magazine, and it's very nice as well.. mainly for specific temp file and history cleaning. I didn't care for CyberScrub 4, though. You should really be just fine with Eraser, it does it's job well :) If you want to look at another, though, you might try WipeDrive from http://www.getdata.com/ .. also a very nice program.

3. thenewme

thenewme Guest

I like eraser too. It's the best. My buddy tested it with encase (software forsernics) on it, and he couldn't get anything. Unlike some other wipers.
    If you are deleting the whole hard-disk you probably want to use DBAN which is bundled with eraser.

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.