Suggestions for CryptoSuit

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by specsav, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. specsav

specsav Registered Member

Hi, after trying the trial version of CryptoSuit I found it to be very easy and simple application to work with, but I also noticed that I felt it missed some features, so I would like to suggest them. First of all the compression rate is not the best, it is about on pair with zip, but is easily beaten by both rar and 7-zip. Now considering that 7-zip is a free and open I would think that adding compression just as good as 7-zip would be possible without to much trouble. The smaller the file the easier it is to send through the internet. Secondly I would like to be able to chose what encryption cipher to use, if CryptoSuit should use 2 or more ciphers on top of another or if it should only use one. Of course I would also like to be able to decided in what order the ciphers should be used. Another thing would be to add support for Serpent as a possible cipher since many perceive it as more secure then both Rijndael and Twofish (compared as single cipher versus single cipher). Also adding WHIRLPOOL as a hash function would be very nice, again for the same reasons as adding Serpent, it is considered by some a more secure algorithm. Another nice thing to see in CryptoSuit would be support for Diffie-Hellman and ElGamal. I am probably asking for much here, especially things which other people might consider unecessary, but I feel that choice increases security. Lastly adding support for signing files and encrypting using public/private key pairs, much like the way PGP works would definitivly make CryptoSuit more attractive to people that need to send sensitive files. I would like to see support for the OpenPGP standard of public/private key pairs, but the PKCS #12, X.509 public/private keypairs would be good too (the best of course would be support for both). That is about all the ideas I have for now.

I decided to post this here because I wanted to see what other people think about my suggestions. Is it asking for to much? Any other suggestions people here might think about? A problem I had and would like to ask about is how is the support offered by the company that makes CryptoSuit? I ask this because I had sent emails some time ago (quite some time ago actually) and never received any response to any of them. Am I mising something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.