Suggestion to include Chrome

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jasche, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasche

jasche Registered Member

I would like to suggest that Chrome be included with SpywareBlaster along with Firefox and IE.

2. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

What's up with this? I do second this request...:thumb:

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

What sort of protection? Cookies? Blocking access to malicious domains? For what I know, Chrome does not allow to block access to domains, from within its interface, does it? Chromium doesn't.

Now, what could be done, and how it would be done, would be a task for the developers, is to block access to malicious domains by doing the following:

Chromium allows to block access to domains, but not through the user interface. It's done through a command line switch --host-rules="MAP domain 127.0.0.1", "MAP domain2 127.0.0.1", etc

Unlike a HOSTS file, it allows to do something like --host-rules="MAP *.wilderssecurity.com 127.0.0.1". So, it allows wildcards.

But, Chromium/Chrome would need to be startet with command line. But, there's also a limitation in the ammount of characters each line can have.

So, something would need to be figured out how to solve this limitation, which I do not recall the limitation number.

Any ideas?

4. pogue

pogue Registered Member

Chrome for Windows does allow a cookie exceptions list, so this could be easily implemented into Spywareblaster.

In fact, all the content settings in Chrome have exceptions lists, including:

• Cookies
    • Images
    • JavaScript
    • Plug-ins
    • Pop-ups
    • Location (allowing websites to track your physical location)
    • Notifications (desktop notifications - not completely sure what this is)

I am not sure if it allows entire site blocking though.

Chrome Developers Page - Google

I'd also like to see Spywareblaster integrated w/ Opera, but I'm sure that has been requested a million times already.

5. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

It's possible to block like [*.]youtube.com, so anything with .youtube.com on it would be blocked.

I really hope that SpywareBlaster includes Chromium and based browsers as part of the protection it offers. I sure know it would be of great value to family members who can't handle the hassle of blocking cookies, etc all the way and then only selectively allow for this or that website.

So, a black list of javascript, etc websites would be of great help.

I wonder what's Javacool Software thoughts about it o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.