Suggestion for Age/popularity/spread violation

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by BoerenkoolMetWorst, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Maybe Prevx age/spread etc. detection violation warnings can me more extended to show more info, like when it was first seen by the community, what % of the community etc. to help the users determine it's a good or bad file. What also would be nice for advanced users who have those heuristics to max is at what levels it would be detected. For example if you have those to max. and a file triggers the violation and if it would say detected on Max, then you could guess it was detected because it is a relatively unknown program, but if it would also be detected on high, medium and low, then there is probably something wrong with that file. Right now if you have all those settings at max, then you can't determine whether it's detected because it's just unpopular or because the installer is infected with a new zero day malware. In those cases, these suggestions might really help :)

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

:thumb: This is precisely one of the features we're adding into Prevx 4 :)

3. STV0726

STV0726 Registered Member

I'm glad Prevx 4 is adding more on the informative-response level. Giving the user more info, that is, to respond on.

I also do hope you guys decide to use my suggestion of a "yellow status" if heuristics are disabled and/or enhanced rootkit det. / realtime MBR is ticked off.

4. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.