suggestion for a problem free good free av for my win 8 64bit

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by taleblou, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:
    I have installed win 8 pro with wmc 64bit and tried panda cloud free for a light av and it was incompatible and panda did not install on my 64bit win 8. Also in Win 7 I had issues with avast free, as it interfered and was aggressive with my dvd drives and dvd burning stuff, so am staying away from it. AVG slowed and caused issue with my online video viewing, so am staying away of that too. I searched the web and all the suggestion were to use win 8 windows defenders since it the only safe and problem free security that works well on win 8 64bit. But windows defender is heavy and I do not think it is that great of protection.

So anyone know any working problem free good free av for 64bit win 8 pro, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

This will probably end up an A vs B. Also what you will end up with is a recommendation for everything out there. I would therefore suggest you read the threads about various AV's but the bottom line is you need to pick one you think will work and trial it.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.