Suddenly scheduler fails TI 2009 b9646

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bodgy, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Saturday, I deleted all my exisiting schedules and made new ones.

The task is set up for weekly and originally everyday except Sunday. The task is to be run every two weeks at 7:15 pm, and run when storage device is attached if schedule is missed.

On the schedule panel there is a message Error: Incorrect repetition period. This error has been noted by others before, and shouldn't make a difference tot he actual task running.

After I made the task at about midday, it came up with a message of 'scheduled' and immediately started running. So I stopped the task as it ought to have run at 19:15 hours. I then realised that it had the schedule as M,T,W,T,F,S rather than S,S,M,T,W,T,F (this was the order the old schedule was in that I deleted). Amended schedule to include Sunday - since then schedule will not run automatically.

I intend to make a new schedule this Saturday for the other 2 weekly image and see what happens.

It would be nice if with the super dooper new calender object, that a start and finish date option was available - with the action of, if the end date is null, then task is run forever until rescheduled or deleted.

Colin

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Well I may have found why the scheduler isn't starting a task, but I'm not sure how to solve it.

In Windows Event Viewer on boot up there is an error logged for the Acronis Scheduler, which states:

Scheduler unable to run task because of error 2 (File or reg item not found) and
    Scheduler unable to run the task with GUID ScriptAllSpyware because of the error 2 (File or reg item not found).

So, I assume either the internal database can't find the task (though it does appear and will run manually) or it hasn't saved an entry to registry that is needed.

Colin

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bodgy,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Try the following:

- Download the http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe file ;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following commands in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr task zap
    schedmgr service stop
    schedmgr service uninstall
    schedmgr service install
    schedmgr service start

This should delete all the scheduled tasks on the PC. You should manage your scheduled tasks from the scratch.

If it won’t help then contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat describe the issue and ask the link for Acronis Scheduler update.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.