sudden wake-up

Discussion in 'hardware' started by HURST, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HURST

HURST Registered Member

Hi

I have the following problem with my laptop:
    when I suspend it, it suddenly wakes up after about 5 minutes, and the screen stays blank.
    Today it happend and after doing that, it went into hibernation.
    FWIW I recently added BIOS password protection for turn on and wake up from suspend.

any clues?

2. KookyMan

KookyMan Registered Member

I used to have this problem with my Laptop. It was a Dell.

After a few calls, replacing the lid sensor switch and even a restore from the rescue partition, I discovered the only way to fix it was a clean Windows install. There was some software apparently able to wake up the laptop, which was not a good thing considering the lid was closed and it was in my back-pack half the time.

A full P4 running full-tilt in a closed backpack is not something that you want. It even happened to me in a meeting once. I closed the lid, was sitting on my desk, undisturbed, then all of a sudden my hand started getting warm. I felt and the fans were going because it had been woke up.

Dell denies any problems, but a factory clean installed system should not spontaneously come out of standby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.