successful restore!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by feddup, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I bought TI 8.0 in December after watching forums about it for a while. I had no backup strategy other than system restore or reformatting. I researched what imaging software would work on SATA drives, on an Intel ICH5R controller and on a promise 20378 controller. I knew it would be difficult since not everyone with setups like mine seems to be able to get TI to work plus the fact that I physically touched a PC for the first time in 2001 (Problems might be user error!). Anyway Acronis "supported" me heroically through various setup issues (secure zone was uncooperative) and I got everthing to work except for the final test. Tonight I couldn't get some software to uninstall so I decided to try restoring a past image. I F11ed during bootup selected the latest image from the secure zone which was on one of my Seagate SATA drives on the promise 20378 and restored the Raid 0 array on the Two Raptors on the ICH5R. It took about thirty minutes. I was frightened I'd be reformatting but now my confidence in my backup strategy has skyrocketed. I'd like to thank Acronis for the support. They were more diligent then any software company I've ever encountered. A fine investment!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Congratulations on testing your backup procedure before an emergency hit you. Now, you can work, install programs, run into problems and know that your backup will be available to get your system back to a stable condition.

That makes life a lot more enjoyable!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.