successful image ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by topcat, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topcat

topcat Registered Member

Dvd-burner-LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1673S, Firmware Version JS02, I have 2 hard drives, my c: drive is a western digital raptor 36 gb, my 2nd drive is a maxtor 6Y080M0, Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2, DirectX 9.0c, Nero Burning ROM 6, 6, 0, 8a, Intel Pentium 4 3.0 oc@3450 MHz, abit IC7-MAX3(Intel i875P-ICH5), bios Phoenix 6.00 PG, memory 1024 MB, RADEON 9800 PRO. I just bought ATI 8.0 and created 2 bootable cd's the full version and the safe version. They both boot up fine. I want to do a full backup up of the c: drive. I want to back it up on dvd+rw's. The c: drive size is 5.49 GB. I'm using the 2 step method and copying the c: drive as 635 mb tib files to the maxtor internal drive then burning to dvd+rw's. I haven't got to the dvd part. I've tried 3 or 4 times to copy the c: drive with none, high, and maximum compression levels. The 1st time it made a 520 mb tib file which was corrupt. The 2nd time was a 384 mb tib file which was corrupt and made the pc restart. The 3rd time same thing. The 4th time I chose none as compression and checked the image integrity which was successful. The 1st 3 tries it made only 1 small file at 520, 516 and 384 mb's[for a second I thought ATI has really good compression]. The 4th time it created 6 635 mb tib files and 1 279 mb tib file for a total of 3.99 GB which I'm confused about because the c: drive has 5.49 GB. Is the 3.99 backup the full backup of the 5.49 GB harddrive? Is the successful backup of 3.99 GB ready to burn to a dvd ? Or did ATI miss some files? In the create image wizard when it asks for a fixed size do I type 635mb? or 635 mb? When it asks for a password no box comes up to type in the passwords, why ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello topcat,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

Please try to create image with disabled overclocking and see whether the image is corrupted.

Could you please clarify whether 5.49Gb is the total size of the C drive or only used space? Also please note that pagefile is not included into image so the size of the image will be definitely smaller than that of the used space.

It doesn't matter whether you type in 635mb, 635 mb or even 635 Mb.

If you wish to protect your image with the password you may type it in the same screen where you are proposed to (right after you choose the compression ratio). Please note that if you forget the password you won't be able to restore or explore the image and Acronis hasn't got any tool to reset the password.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. topcat

topcat Registered Member

I have build 800.

"Please try to create image with disabled overclocking and see whether the image is corrupted".

The pc is water cooled and came oc'ed from www.thunderboxpc.com. I've had it since nov. 2004 and it hasn't had a problem with any game or program I've installed. It works better now than when I 1st recieved it. I don't know how to disable overclocking.

"Could you please clarify whether 5.49Gb is the total size of the C drive or only used space? Also please note that pagefile is not included into image so the size of the image will be definitely smaller than that of the used space."

5.49 GB is the used space. Total size is 36 GB. My page file is 3000 mb. 3000mb plus the 3.99 GB tib files would equal 6.99 GB which doesn't add up to 5.49 GB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.