Subtitles

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by joao_proscrito, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joao_proscrito

joao_proscrito Registered Member

Can some one point me out a freeware tool that puts subtitles on Divx or Avi formats, so that I can see the movie on my dvdplayer?

2. zorro zorrito

zorro zorrito Registered Member

Let's see:
    1.-if you dvd player plays avi and you only are going to add .srt subtitles to the avi or divx video to burn it after this then you can use VirtualDub to join them.(you have to add the filter of avery lee).
    2.-if you are goin to convert the divx or avi to dvd (TMPGEnc is a good one) and then burn it to pay it in your dvd player, then you can add the .srt subtitles while you are converting your divx or avi to dvd using FFDShow MPEG-4 Video Decoder.

The process to do it is easy, but I have to know what you want to do.

I hope I could help you if you explain more, what you have (video and subtitles and what you want to do).

3. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

If you want to watch it like DivX file on your DVD player just burn the movie and the subtitles as ''data cd''; don't forget to rename the subtitles like the movie name ex: if the movie is called The Great Escape.avi the subtitles should be The Great Escape.srt

4. joao_proscrito

Well, my dvd player plays avi and divx. I just want to put subtitles on a divx movie or avi movie, not interested in the conversion.

5. joao_proscrito

I'm asking this because I have nero but I can't install nerovision because it gives an error when installing photo snapshot something. It's version 6 that came with my dvd-rom.

6. zorro zorrito

zorro zorrito Registered Member

Do what PaulBB says and it has to work, but if it woudn't do it, you have to use VirtualDub, but let's wait to see what PaulBB advises

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.