submitting files to nod

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by dvk01, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

I have just updated to 2.5 and have tried to use the internal submit engine to submit some files I strongly suspect are infected with adware/spyware etc that nod doesn't pick up on

It doesn't seem to want me to quarantine or submit them from insider nod

am I doing something wrong or will NOD only submit files it detects as possible threats by it's heuristics

I know I can submit via email and have done, but I want to find out how the internal one works and I can't seem to get it working properly

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can submit individual files from within the Quarantine panel - Submit for analysis

3. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

It's OK, I have found out how it works, it just wouldn't let me send until I typed something in the comments box. The help file wasn't clear about that

There is one small problem though, if you use nod on a network, it will not send files from other computers/ external HD on the network, even though it detects them. you have to move the fiile to a folder on the nod computer first and that might be a problem with some users who use an external HD through a network at home

4. Marcos

Were those files actually detected by heuristics? I assume they must have been already known threats which would make sense why the Submit for analysis checkbox was greyed out.

5. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

the ones detected as unknown PE-heur allowed me to send

it was the undetected ones that couldn't be, but once I realised that you need to type something in the comments box, then the submit becomes available

I will be going through my complete collection of pests( that are not detected) that I have samples for over the next few days and will send some in via the submit section and see if it all works but it only seems to want to send one file at a time rather tahn a complete collection, but I will zip a collection and try that way

Is there any limit on the file size for internal submissions?

6. Marcos

If you want to submit a collection of samples, still send them manually to samples@eset.com and not via ThreatSense.Net

7. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

OK will do

8. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

If you do send the files to samples@eset.com, please ensure that the ZIP file is password protected with the password is 'infected' (without the quotes). :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.