Submissions

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by mistycat, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mistycat

mistycat Registered Member

When submitting a file found by TDS-3, there are no problems. When submitting a file from within TDS-3 ,but not found by TDS-3, a submission fails. Is this normal?

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, how do yuou try to submit a file from within TDS, do you mean using the submit option in the menu under help?
    You can also zip your file and attach to a normal email to submit@diamondcs.com.au and you might like to add a few words why you sent it and/or what are your concerns.

3. mistycat

Hi. Yes, I tried to submit a file, that Kaspersky found and identified as a Trojan but TDS did not find, with the submit option within TDS Help and failed. I did zip and send the file via regular email to that address with a message added but I just wondered if files TDS didn't find could be sent from within TDS as I have sent files that TDS found {with the same email settings} with no problems. Thanks

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

There might be a difference in sending files from the alerts window (with the right-click on a alarmed file) and from the menu option under Help.
    It really shouldn't make any difference if TDS found malware in the file or not.
    Not sure what caused the difference submitting malware or innocent files from the same menu option.

5. mistycat

No problem, just curious. DCS has the file and are going to make sure its detected. As an aside, I may have problems with that email address as it wouldn't send the file even normally. Thanks again

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Do you mean with submit@ etc? Also from your email client?
    Did you in TDS > Configuration > servers , configure your right SMPT (send email) server? If you press the test button, does that function fine? If not, expect the submit from TDS to have trouble too.

7. mistycat

The test email function within TDS works fine and I have submitted files that TDS found previously with no problem. This time, submit in TDS didn't work and both submit@ and support@ got the email but not the attachment. Strangely, using another email client that wouldn't accept the TDS kf worked fine. I would assume the problem is on this end. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.