Stumped on Stop error during Win2k boot up...help anyone?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by EC99SS, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EC99SS

EC99SS Registered Member

Hi -
    All of a sudden my computer will no longer boot. It's running Win2k and it'll go through it's normal boot check, show the Win2K screen, then go to a stop error.

The stop error is as follows:

STOP: 0x0000007B (0x85e8b370, 0xc0000032, 0,00000000, 0x00000000)
    Inaccessible_Boot_Device

It also instructs me to run a chkdsk on F: I don't have an F: The only thing I can think of is the removable external HD I used to backup some files a little bit ago. However that removable HD doesn't have any booting SW in it.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can fix this? Unfortuantely the computer is several years old and I don't have a system CD (I built it a while back). Thanks

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

3. EC99SS

EC99SS Registered Member

Thank you GF. I'll take a look at the links now :)

4. EC99SS

EC99SS Registered Member

Unfortunately the 1st link doesn't have any info currently avail for my 7b error.

I didn't realize the 2nd link is a paid membership to get the answer.

Do you have any other locations I can check out? Thanks again for the help.

5. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Not your fault EC99SS .... I forgot to mention scoll past the ad's to see the discussion (didn't notice the size of your scroll bar, hmm). This way you get to see it once before they block it from a second viewing (example). No worries, transcript sent. Now just go to the top of the forum, left side - User CP to get my pm (only idea's).

Another thing .... your particular memory reference will have few exact matches as you search around because everyone has different soft loaded. Nothing even closely paralleled your situation?

EDIT: The below link concern's error STOP: 0x0000007B based on setup, though there are many lead's that might steer your search.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822051

Sorry I'm not too hardware experienced, but these comment's from a hardware forum sound like what you may be in for ....

Being unable to fully boot into the OS may be caused by corruption. Try the boot disk for Win2K located here, then check device manager or msinfo32 for conflict's .... something may have to be disabled. Not knowing your hardware setup, my guess is that the boot.ini is somehow reading the wrong controller for your hard disk. Here are a few listing's. Additionally, consider posting this in a hardware specific forum.

GF

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  6. Lindburgh

Lindburgh Registered Member

Whilst in the POST stage ( Boot-up) continually press F8

And try safe mode

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.