Study links PC use with glaucoma

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Primrose, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NetTraveler

NetTraveler Registered Member

I am photographer and I spend either for my work or just for fun great deal of time at computer. Never had any problems with it at all, but I noticed last few years that when I'm woried about something I get thin transprent broken lines (looks like slice of cristal under microscope) that start very small and progresively get biger and biger vibrating at about 30-40 Hz until they dissapear completely out of my sight..
    Crazy sensation.. If I'm reading, I can't concentrate on letters as they get obsured by vibrating line. Sometimes it comes just like that..

I don't think it comes from my monitors as I use Barco's on my Mac and PC. That's just about the next best thing you can have. What might happen if you read alot (in dim light) or work with fine mechanics/anything that calls for extreme concentration, your eyes might get tired, but that's all.

We have a girlfriend that suffer from depression and headaches.. Specially in winter...
    This time of year IS depressing. Her doctor recomanded "Light Therapy" and that really helps. Since she bought special sort of lamp, it went away..
    I'm going to ask her what sort of lamp it was, and keep you girls informed.. :)

My wife had problems with migrene specially in her menstrual cycle, and neck massage helped very much. We discovered it by accident..
    So you see it can be just about anything casusing the headache.. It's nusance both man and woman (not now honney.. I got a headache.. :p :D ) have to live with.. <--- It's a joke I just couldn't let go.. :D

2. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Hi NetTraveller,

The Light Therapy is a full spectrum light (like natural sunlight) that has been shown to help mood depression like your friend had.

3. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Ritaann,

YES! a comfortable chair and good lighting help immensely, also the exercise for your shoulder and neck!

You really should look into a chair with good back support in the lower back, a head rest would help your neck, too! Those regular office chairs are torture!! I bet the person who invented them never really sat 8 or more hours in them!:D

Cheers!

Marja:cool:

I 'm gonna get one of those daylight lamps, too, I've seen them as low as 49.00, which if you spend alot of time on line is worth it, just to feel good!

4. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Hello Net Traveler,

I know what you mean by that flashing crystal thingy...it's kind of like seeing part of a very shaky prism that you can't quite look at but its there just the same even with your eyes shut.....used to get it on occasion....I asked my Optician about it but he didn't seem to think it was anything of consequence and that it would pass... and it has....I can't say it was caused by Computers tho' cos I didn't have one then.....strange as it may seem tho', since i've had a comp. I haven't suffered from that effect??.....what can I say?.. :D

Cochise, :cool:

5. NetTraveler

NetTraveler Registered Member

Yeah.. That's what my doctor said as well I think he just didn't know what I was talking about.. I'm glad to hear it's gone Cochise.. :)

6. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

A doctor told me it was strained eye nerves, the pulsing of the nerve is what you see, taking more multi-minerals, not vitamins, is what seemed to help me, like potassium and magnesium. I still have it every once in awhile.

Strangely enough, whether I am concentrating on something or reading doesn't seem to be what brings it on. I agree they probably don't always have the answers, so they best guess. But, that's a whole 'nother subject best not started here!! :)

Marja:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.