Stuck

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pjiv, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjiv

pjiv Registered Member

Ok, I have a backup of my sytem being done every Sunday night. Fill backup of my XP Partition.

HD is reporting SMART errors and needs to be replaced. The errors are on the other partition.

I replaced the HD, restored the XP Pro system and it booted to a Blue Screen with an XP LOGO on it, it goes no further. I have tried the following...

chkdsk /P <-- No Luck
    Fixboot <-- No Luck
    FixMBR <-- No Luck
    Safe Mode <-- Same BLUE SCREEN with XP LOGO on it.
    Repair Windows Installiation - Get's stuck asking for Acronis True Image timntr_2k.sys it can't find it. Neither can I for that matter, and if I just cancel it, it just sits there forever doing nothing. If I reboot, it just starts the cycle all over again.

Restoring the backup to the faulty drive results in me being able to boot normally into windows.

Any ideas? As you can see I have exhausted all means available to be. I'm not too happy right now as you can tell. Hopefully someone will have an answer to this. Although I'm most likely going to scrap it, and reinstall windows as I don't have the time to be down and using this 400MHZ POS backup machine.

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

What Version and build of TI are you using? Look here for an excellent article on solving boot problems: http://www.short-media.com/review.php?r=313.
    I think the proper command is Chkdsk /R.

3. BIG SHOOKS

BIG SHOOKS Registered Member

have you tried to see if someone you know has the file it says you need and try to get the cmd prompt to come up and paste the file to the sys directory

4. pjiv

pjiv Registered Member

Thanks for trying to help, the CORRECT command is chkdsk /p when in the recovery console. I was trying to show the advanced steps I have taken to try to correct this. I'm right now installing XP fresh install because I have not found a solution. All the solutions involve safe mode, which is not working or repair install, thanks to Acronis' needed file does not work either. I'm usng TI 10 Home latest build by the way. I do not think I'm going to be using it anymore since it cost me time by putting windows in a look you can not get out of. That is BAD! BAD! BAD!

5. pjiv

pjiv Registered Member

That would be rather convient, however most people I know don't back up at all. I do, and I loose everything. Oh well.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pjiv,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

If I understood you correct, you have backed up separate partition (system partition) and then restored the image of the system partition to another hard drive. If this is the case most likely, you have experienced the same issue as described in the following threads: auto logoff problem, Re: Mr. Therefore, please have a look at these threads and try to perform the actions described there.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

7. pjiv

pjiv Registered Member

I had 2 drives in the system. One 250GB and one 200GB.

They were C, D, E, F C&D on one drive and E&F on the other. C&D were going bad, so I backed up E & F to an External drive and then formatted E and F.

I then moved all the data from D to F and made an Image of C to F as well. I then swaped the drives, so the new one became C and D and the original E & F.

I then booted the Acronis CD and restored the C backup from the now D drive to C and rebooted. It started to load windows and just stopped. I put my Windows CD in and then ran fitboot, fixmbr and chkdsk /r on the drive, rebooted, same thing. I gave up!

I reformatted and started all over again. Makes me kinda think back up upgrading to 10 since it failed me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.