Strike two on Acronis trial

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by david_h, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david_h

david_h Registered Member

I've read lots of great stuff about True Image so I decided to give it a try. I'm trialling version 10 on Vista Home premium. First problem is that it won't backup windows mail - technical support is trying to help on this. My second problem is this:

I've set up a daily incremental backup. The program has also been setup to email me when it has finished the backup - success or fail. The first day was a full backup (of course) and all went well. Second day was the first incremental and that went ok too. Third day the backup started but never finished. All I got was an email to say the backup failed but the log file did not report any errors. In fact the log file stopped after this entry:

"Create Incremental Backup Archive
    To:J: \Acronis\
    Compression:Normal
    Exclude:Files matching mask
    Match criterion:*.bak, *.~, *.tmp,
    Ask for the first media:No"

I really need reliability in my backup procedure. Anyone have any thoughts as to why it aborted?

2. david_h

david_h Registered Member

Well I just manually kicked of the job and it worked flawlessly. i don't know why it failed in auto mode?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello david_h,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We need some additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround.

Please collect schedul2.log and schedreport.txt the way described in this previous post of mine.

In addition, please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support using Contact Acronis Customer Service link. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.