Stress Testing a SSD?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ZzBloopzZ, Mar 1, 2016.

1. ZzBloopzZ

ZzBloopzZ Registered Member

Hello,

I have to deploy a SSD for a my uncle tomorrow afternoon. Is there anyway I can quickly stress test a SSD before deploying? Amazon reviews show how some of the Samsung 850 Pro's are DOA, or died within few days to 1-2 weeks (of the ones that failed).

Is there any tool I could use to stress it, or at least a decent benchmark tool I could use before I check the SMART results with CrystalDiskMark?

Thanks!

2. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

I have one 850 Pro 512GB and 4 850 EVO's without issues over the last year. The Pro version has a 10 year Warranty and the EVO's 5 years.

TH

3. ZzBloopzZ

ZzBloopzZ Registered Member

I understand, but I would still like to do a quick stress test if there is one available. It doesn't hurt, and if it is on the verge of failing it could at least possibly fail during the test.

Warranty doesn't mean anything to me. The time lost from bad hard drive and possible data loss is what matters for me. Thanks for posting your experience!

I actually grew up in Ontario... I miss home! :c(

4. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

The chances of getting one DOA are pretty slim to none. I have deployed hundreds of Samsung Evo's and Pro's in corporate environments and have never had one fail or show up DOA.