Stream ripping site Convert2MP3 shuts down following global settlement with recording industry

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, Jun 22, 2019.

1. guest

guest Guest

Stream ripping site Convert2MP3 shuts down following global settlement with recording industry
    June 21, 2019
    https://www.ifpi.org/news/Convert2MP3-shuts-down

2. longshots

longshots Registered Member

First Napster, now this.
    What is the world coming to?

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I suppose there are still other apps that can convert files to MP3 right? I honestly don't see the problem with this, why shouldn't people be allowed to do this?

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

If you are using a streaming service, you are paying only to stream audio, not to be able to download it and use it how you want. To legally be able to download DRM free music you need to buy the actual music.

5. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Just google "youtube to mp3" and you will get plenty results for web services and tools to do this.

6. pegas

pegas Registered Member

7. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes, I guess this makes sense. But I do think that if it's possible to download video files, people should be allowed to convert it for personal use. I believe that anti-piracy measures should only go so far. Think of the the stupid DRM protection of iTunes movies.

Yes, I was planning to convert videos I downloaded from YouTube to MP3. I hope those other tools won't get targeted.

8. guest

guest Guest

YouTube has started blocking MP3 rippers
    July 12, 2019
    https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3078888/youtube-is-blocking-mp3-rippers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.