Strange trouble of mine

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by hannah, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hannah

hannah Lurker

Hey friends, I am facing an extraordinary scenario. While I open Mozilla Firefox for browsing, I got a message that "I hate Mozilla use IE or else "and it is not opened ,orkut is also not opening . I got this similar type message while opening orkut through IE. I ran AVG anti virus but it doesn’t detect any virus.Any immediate suggestion will be best for me.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

There is a USB worm going around that is similar to what you wrote but it says Don't Hate Mozilla :doubt:

firefoxblock.jpg

3. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Here is a blog about this worm:

USB Worm

4. midway40

5. sach1000rt

sach1000rt Registered Member

first get process explorer in that u will see 2 processes running as svchost.exe and (its icon will be green color rectangle in that letter "h" will be there). so terminate them. go to c drive, in address bar type c:/heap41a if your os is in c drive.delete all the contents in it. one thing to notice that u have to delete all the contents within 4 seconds of terminating those processes.
    and remove that startup item.
    to restore ur hidden file to work properly,
    go to regedit
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\showall
    on left side there will be a checked value - 2 double click on it and make it 1.

6. midway40

After you cure your computer of this particular malady, I suggest you start practicing "safe USB" :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.