strange things happen

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by windsurfer2006, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windsurfer2006

windsurfer2006 Registered Member

Hello,

I use Zonealarm Pro 5.5 latest build, i use an router Linksys BFSR-41 mine problem is that Zonealarm ask me of Mozilla webbrowser 1.7.5. must connect with port 1034, 1037, 1048 this is strange normally its port 80 for connecting to the internet. When i say denied Mozilla won't start say i allow Mozilla is starting and connecting. Before i use Seagate Pro with the same router and then the question was Mozilla wants to connect port http 80. I dont know why this is happen, i use Zonealarm Pro, Avast Anti-Virus Pro 4.6, Webroot Spy Sweeper, Spybot search and destroy and spywareblaster. I dont trust the connection because i have checked these ports by IAANA and i think it's normal who can help me and which application can i use to see which application is connected to an port.

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi windsurfer2006

... and welcome to Wilders :)

Is the address you are seeing in the ZA alerts/logs for these ports 127.0.0.1? If so, that is just a connection to localhost (your own system) by the browser for caching purposes and quite normal and OK to allow.

Regards,

CrazyM

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.