Strange Thing Happening With NAV 2006 System Scan

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Graystoke, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Has anyone else notice this with NAV 2006? After running a full system scan today, the number of files scanned that is displayed in the box with the big check mark, is different than the number of scanned files listed in the activity log. The number of scanned files shown in the activity log is larger. I ran another scan just to make sure it wasn't some kind of glitch, but got the same results. I'm a little concerned because I don't know if NAV 2006 is scanning all the files it supposed to be scanning.

2. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

It could be the log is enumerating compressed [packed] files differently. Make sure you leave the recommended "Comprehensive file scanning" option checked in Manual Scan page of Options, which is the default .. HTH .. ;)

Attached Files:

3. Graystoke

Hello Randy_Bell. I have "Comprehensive file scanning" enabled. So I guess that's not it. It's very strange. I've never noticed this before. It's something that just started happening.

4. CtlAltDelete

CtlAltDelete Registered Member

5. Graystoke

CtlAltDelete. I don't visit that forum anymore. Haven't been there in a long time. I don't like the guy who runs it. But I decided to check out the link just this one time. Looks like I'm not the only one with the scanned files counting problem.

6. Graystoke

In case anyone is interested. I don't know if anyone else here is having this problem, but according to Symantec, there is supposed to be a fix out in the next few days. Seems like a long time to wait, but I guess it's nothing too serious. Just wondering out loud, if this happened with one of the other major AVs, would it take this long for a fix. o_O Patience was never one of my virtues. ;) :)

7. Randy_Bell

That is correct, IMHO not a serious problem, just a glitch -- in fact I almost never check my logs {certainly not for scan count} and wouldn't have ever noticed this glitch had you not brought it up here in this thread. :eek:

8. Graystoke

I normally don't check the scan logs either. The only reason I did was because the scanned files count after the system scan seemed low to me. I just wanted to double check.

9. Randy_Bell

Probably a better indicator that something is wrong is the time a system scan takes. If it takes the same total time that it has always taken, chances are everything is OK {well, except they need to fix the reporting glitch as you have pointed out} .. thanks for the notice. ;)

10. Graystoke

Good point. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.