Strange Situation

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by WilliamP, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Yesterday I was trying to figure out why TDS3 doesn't show up any longer in a Hijack this scan or in the asviewer scan, when things started going crazy. I noticed my PG log was empty and I no longer had any checksums. Norton firewall wouldn't load. So I did a system restore. It seemed that everything was fine. But then my screen saver wouldn't come on. I checked Task Manager and the screen saver was trying to run even though it wasn't supposed to. So I went into control panel and selected a different screen saver and everything is ok. It was hung up I guess. Today my wife put it back in and it is running fine. I don't know what happened to PG but it is fine now. :rolleyes:

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi William, If you are sure about the screensaver you can add it to the protection list as some malware can target it.

Here is my PG entry as an example :)

Long Path :- c:\winnt\system32\scrnsave.scr
    Short Path :- c:\winnt\system32\scrnsave.scr
    Blocked Flags :- Write,Terminate,Suspend,SetInfo
    Allow Flags :- None
    Option Flags :- None

HTH Pilli.

3. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Thank you Pilli. I don't think any malware got to it .I think it just got hung up somehow and couldn't shut off or come back on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.