Strange Partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by pvsurfer, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Having recently installed Acronis DDS, it indicates that Disk 1 consists not only of C: (about 35GB) but also another 8MB partition named 'NTFS' (no drive letter is assigned)!

I realize that 8MB is not worth worrying about, but nevertheless I'd like to simplify my disk configuration by merging the 8MB partition into C: ...the problem is that I'm not sure how to do this and I certainly don't want to mess up C: :doubt:

Any help/advice would be appreciated (my OS is WinXP Pro). ~pv

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Ilya:

Thanks very much for the reference to a similar question and the repies. I'm sure that my question has to do with (basically) the same issue, as my unallocated partition is actually 7.8MB as well.

In that thread, Andrew Berezovsky's knowledgeable reply, he provides two possibilites for the 7.8 MB of unallocated space:
    Based on Andrew's response, I have 2 followup questions:

A) If I'm interpreting his comments correctly, as my C-Drive consists of only one (primary) partition, I should be able to merge my unallocated 7.8MB into the C-partition regardless of whether the unallocated space is at the beginning or end of the HDD ...is that correct?

B) Using Disk Director Suite 9, can you describe how to do that (as I can't seem to do it)? :doubt:

Thanks again, pv

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pvsurfer,

You need to delete the partition of 7.8Mb (using Acronis Disk Director Suite or Windows disk management), then you will get unallocated space. After that you need to resize the C: partition using Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 so that 7.8Mb of unallocated space is included into the partition. You may do that by right clicking on the partition in Acronis Disk Director Suite and choosing the "Resize" option.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.