Strange number of signatures in av-comparatives.org's report

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by apm, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apm

apm Registered Member

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

that page just shows the threats detected with each update, but it doesnt specify how many signatures there are.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
  3. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Each threat detected added may have x number of variants as part of that detection thus making the total number of detections higher than it looks. Notice in most cases Symantec give the name of the detection without a sub category, like Trojan.Linkoptimizer. No Trojan.Linkoptimizer.a, .b etc. although I have to say that theory doesn't always follow as there are some listings with sub categorisation, such as Backdoor.Lassrv.B.

4. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

I went over there to look one day it was all sqwiff, the page was everywhere whats up with that? wernt aligned when i read the online thing..... MD

5. IBK

IBK AV Expert

no, they only show a very small part (maybe only the important ones) of what they added in each update.
    will try to point someone from symantec to this thread and let him explain to us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.