Strange message from TI 2009...?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by WebMaximus, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WebMaximus

WebMaximus Registered Member

Hi,

Bought True Image 2009 a couple of days ago and so far I'm very pleased, however since installing it I have on some ocations got a strange message saying...

"Please, locate volume number 1"

...and I'm not sure if it's True Image 2009 giving me that message and if so what I'm supposed to do? I belive it is TI 2009 giving it since it has started after installing TI2009 and also the default file type in the dialog box is backup archives and if pointing it to the place where I have my TI 2009 backup files they are found.

Anyone who can explain this to me?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Is this when you are doing a restore? Does seem strange for it to pop up, alright.

My only suggestion is to look into the Tools Options or whatever it is in TI2009 and see if there is a box labelled something like "Ask for first media" checked, If it is, uncheck it.

I am going from memory on earlier versions so my description may be rather loose.

3. WebMaximus

OK, thought that setting was only when saving your backups to removable media and I save my backups to fixed hard disk drives but will try to disable that setting anyway and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks for the tip!

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I think you are correct but one never knows for sure anymore. Besides, you aren't really on the rocks of ruin as long as you have one more thing to try! :D

5. dacker

dacker Registered Member

If you are doing a validation and removed an intermediate file, you will get this error.

Its expected for a incremental .but it happens with a differential too! I'm reinstalling from scratch because it affects restores too!

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I have had a similar problem after installing build 9646 over the previous build. For me it happens when my archive is ready to be consolidated and TI then keeps asking for tib4 - which just happens to be the file it has just created as an incremental.

I have raised a ticket today on the problem.

Colin

7. WebMaximus

OK, guess I will just have to start over again with a fresh backup set and hopefully this behaviour will get addressed in a future patch.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Colin, could you please let me know the case number of your request?

Thank you,

--

Oleg Lee

9. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Thanks Oleg, my request is being dealt with. #00048664 I will be reporting back to support today, on the fix as after my task has had to perform consolidation.

Colin

10. nalfeshnee

nalfeshnee Registered Member

Hi All,

I have this exact same problem.

Can anyone comment on whether a fix has been made for this problem?

Summary:

- Just before consolidation, Acronis asks me for the location of "Backup Volume XX" (volume number varies - repeated attempts to backup increment the Volume No. by 1)

I have no idea what it means: I do not have any "Volumes", and I am doing a backup job, not a restore. I am backing-up to an external disk with > 300 GB space and my hard drives total 70 GB together.

Since I have the German version of the software (Acronis True Image 2009, latest build), this is the full error message as a picture.

Note: I have previously been able to back up without any problems. This is a recent problem, and I am not sure what is causing it, since I have not (re-)installed Acronis or updated it since buying it in Dec 2008.

If I get no reply here, I'll open a support case if that option does not cost money.

Attached Files:

11. Acronis Support

Hello all,

Colin, were you able to make the e-mail notification option functional?

nalfeshnee, I have sent a file via PM, please install it, reboot the computer and see if the issue remains.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

12. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

No, it still doesn't work. If I test it using the test button, I get a message box - Cannot send test e-mail

Email works through my email clinet, so it is definitely setup correctly.

Colin

13. Acronis Support

Hello Colin,

Please try to apply the following:

Go to Tools -> Options -> Notifications -> E-mail -> E-mail address and set the E-Mail address there in angle brackets.

If the SMTP server does not require authentication, make sure the User name and Password fields are left blank.

To prevent SMTP from not detecting the notification correctly, go to Tools -> Options -> Notifications -> E-mail -> Additional e-mail parameters... and make sure that the From: and Subject: fields are blank.

If a login to POP3 server is required before accessing SMTP server, make sure the option Log on to incoming mail server is selected.

If any firewall, antivirus or other security software is installed on the machine, make sure that the following modules are added to the list of trusted applications in the security software:

* C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageHomeService.exe
    * C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageHomeNotify.exe

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

14. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Thank you for the reply. I've tried this and it makes no difference. I've run Microsoft Process Monitor and nothing shows up from TI in here when sending the test email. I have also specifically entered the two TI programs into my Firewall allow list.

Colin

I'll uninstall TI and re-install it again and see if anything changes.

15. Acronis Support

Hello Colin,

Please let us investigate the issue and do the following:

Download the free Wireshark utility, install it and do the following:

1. Run the installed program from Start -> All Programs -> Wireshark;
    2. Click Capture -> Interfaces... and click the Start button corresponding to the network adapter you are using for your internet connection;
    3. Reproduce the issue without closing the Wireshark application;
    4. Click Capture -> Stop after the issue is reproduced;
    5. Save the captured data by clicking File -> Save as;

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.
    Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the issue appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.